Nightingale pricing

Elizabel

Sep 30, 2012
Australia
Hello Givenchy Followers,

I am hoping for some help regarding determining the right pricing point for Nightingales.

As I understand it, there is a variation in price depending on the leather type. I gather lamb is the most expensive and calf the cheapest, would that we right? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. One's choice obviously depends on what one has a preference for. Roughly, would it be fair to say that the lamb version is approx $500 more than calf, on average?

Further, obviously final pricing depends on the seller, and in Australia there is one retailer who has select stock of Givenchy (yes, really, just one department store carries these bags), and they have marked their medium Nightongales in calfskin at $1760 AUD (approx 1800 USD). Is this a fair price?

I hope to hear everyone's thoughts.

Thanks much
E

randr21

in the untamed rabbit hole
O.G.
May 25, 2006
New York City
I think i already talked about this, so maybe do a search first.

Right now goat is most $$, followed by calf then lamb. 1800 for a med goat or calf gale would be an ok deal, esp if taxes are included. Thats like a 20% discount from US retailers, and w/o tax

Elizabel

Sep 30, 2012
Australia
Thank you for advising, randr21, yes, that includes all charges! In addition, the retailer had a special on designer handbags, $100 off full price, so I pulled the trigger....slowly....they have a lay-away option....

I did try and look for pricing in a search, but got a bit overwhelmed! Thanks so much!

E