Nightingale or Pandora?

Thanks all for the opinions. I agreed with everyone. I went to Givenchy yesterday again to try on both bags. I like the design of nightingale, but I like the practicality and versality of pandora. I still can't decide though :smile: besides, I also consider YSL muse 2 in small size. Unfortunately I can only afford one now :-p is Pandora small a good size? There is no small size that I can try. Thanks again.

Thanks all for the opinions. I agreed with everyone. I went to Givenchy yesterday again to try on both bags. I like the design of nightingale, but I like the practicality and versality of pandora. I still can't decide though :smile: besides, I also consider YSL muse 2 in small size. Unfortunately I can only afford one now :-p is Pandora small a good size? There is no small size that I can try. Thanks again.

If it's now between the Pandora and YSL, Pandora hands down. I'm a HUGE fan of both Givenchy and YSL but you already noted you like the practicality and versatility of the Pandora. You will not find that with the Muse 2. I used to have one and although I regretted selling it, it's not a bag I would bring with me on daily errands or with kids.

Hi gals, i'm thinking of getting a Nightingale in medium size, dusty pink color. I went to their boutique this afternoon and the SA there, doesn't encourage me to get the Nightingale, instead he pushed me to try the Pandora. He told me all the good points about Pandora, like it's more practical, younger look and etc. He even said his majority of his customers bought pandora from him lately. I did try on the Pandora and sort of agreed with him that, Pandora looks nice while carry over shoulder and crossbody. While Nightingale is only good during handheld? The shoulder handle is very thick, do you think it looks weird? and not nice even carry over shoulder?

What are the pro and con for both bags? Does Nightingale look mature? Is dusty pink color prone to color transfer issue?

I'm not a tall gal, with 2 young kids. I have a lot of bags with crossbody strap. I also have a lot of totes.

I appeciate all advices as i'm pretty lost here :P

I say go with the one you think will be wearable for you as you age. SA's always try to push what is 'in' or the latest look but considering that most women invest in these designer bags, it's important to look at what will work for us long-term. The Nightingale has more of a slouchy hobo look which I think will always be in fashion. The Pandora is a mod style, that to me, looks like a lunch box on straps. Flip a coin, and decide heads or tails for each bag. When the coin is in the air, you will realise what bag you want (e.g. hopeful it lands on heads for nightingale) hehe that trick a friend gave me and I follow it to this day when I think I'm undecided. Good luck!!:smile:

That's a shame and so utterly disappointing. I know how it feels to desperately wanting a bag to work because it looks so cool. However at least you can say you tried 100%. It just wasn't for you. So you tried the large Pandora too?

I don't really carry an exorbitant amount of items with me in a daily basis so the medium size works well for me. The bag lies flat and I've used it while traveling too.

Have you checked out the Nightingale tote? Have u tried the large Nigjtingale? Perhaps those would be better alternatives to accommodate your belongings?

Thank you. It really is a let down, isn't it? I cannot consider the large pandora. I'm a shortie, only 5-4 and that would just make me look smaller. The med is as big as I should get for a bag like this. The small was great on me, but I would have little use for a bag that small.

I have been thinking about the Nightingale but I was hoping to get a worry-free bag. My friend has had one and sold it cuz the leather is so delicate and soft. She is OCD about keeping her bags immaculate and she said she started to seeing rubbing on the leather. Plus, that handle drop is TINY! Looks super chic in your hand or on your arm but I need to be able to load it up and be hands-free. Gotta grab those little rugrats every once in a while or they scurry off.

I've been searching at other premier designers and will just have to keep hunting. Atleast I can enjoy seeing others with their cool pandas!

Thanks for all the advices and opinion again! Today i just made a purchase of a medium pandora in black! While i still can't decide on whether a nightingale or pandora, today i come across a good deal about a medium pandora. I guess i just have my faith with this bag :-p I know i can't go wrong with either one though! So i will not regret on my purchase. That said, i still like the look of nightingale, but prefer the functionality and practicality of pandora. If i can get any good deal of a nightingale in the future, i will grab it also :smile:

Just a quick update! I received my black pandora today. It's 100% goat skin. However my heart doesn't sing with it when I tried on it. The smell is weird. Is nightingale leather c/w the same strange smell? I consider to return it and get a nightingale instead. Is nightingale lambskin very delicate? Thanks for all the advice again.

Just a quick update! I received my black pandora today. It's 100% goat skin. However my heart doesn't sing with it when I tried on it. The smell is weird. Is nightingale leather c/w the same strange smell? I consider to return it and get a nightingale instead. Is nightingale lambskin very delicate? Thanks for all the advice again.

I noticed the smell too. Very strong. I'm sure it gets better with time. If you heart doesn't sing, it's not love. At this price point, your heart needs to be singing to the top of the hills. Maybe try a Nightingale? I just bought a large Gucci for my brown everyday. Lots of room and so worry-free. Love the Guccissima leather. However, I still love the look of Nightingales. Maybe I might consider this style in black.

If you get the Nightingale, please report back!:biggrin:

Thanks :smile: I still trying to decide to keep it or to return it. Maybe I'm just not used to the style yet. I agreed pandora is a practical bag, but I prefer the design of nightingale more. Tough decision again!

Haha, sorry that I'm laughing, but this entire thread is like reading out loud the discussion I had with myself about these two bags.

If you have a crossbody strap from another bag it's always possible to use this one on the Nightingale when you want your hands free. At least that works for me. And if you carry quite a bit of stuff in your bag the broad shoulder strap that comes with the Nightingale is actually very practical because it doesn't dig into your shoulder.

Good luck :smile:

Haha, sorry that I'm laughing, but this entire thread is like reading out loud the discussion I had with myself about these two bags.

If you have a crossbody strap from another bag it's always possible to use this one on the Nightingale when you want your hands free. At least that works for me. And if you carry quite a bit of stuff in your bag the broad shoulder strap that comes with the Nightingale is actually very practical because it doesn't dig into your shoulder.

Good luck :smile:

You are obsolutely right! I also consider before to use my other bag's crossbody strap for nightingale. I also agreed that, once the nightingale is stuffed, the shoulder strap actually is quite practical, comfy on shoulder and it looks nice too! :graucho: If i can afford, i would be happy to own both nightingale and pandora. haha.

I'm curious, can you describe the smell?

I don't know how to describe the smell. Maybe my leather is goat skin, so the smell of the leather is different with my other leather bag :P But it's strong!

I might manage to exchange my pandora with a nightingale in cinnamon color. However, is cinnamon color very light and not easy to maintain? Sorry for so many questions as i can only afford one at the moment, otherwise, i don't mind to own both :P

I don't know how to describe the smell. Maybe my leather is goat skin, so the smell of the leather is different with my other leather bag :P But it's strong!

I might manage to exchange my pandora with a nightingale in cinnamon color. However, is cinnamon color very light and not easy to maintain? Sorry for so many questions as i can only afford one at the moment, otherwise, i don't mind to own both :P

I have a sensitive nose so I wouldn't be able to bear the smell, but a light color is also hard to maintain, altho if you pre-treat, it might be less resistant to staining.