Night vs. Noir and some hardware info!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I had originally posted this at the end of the "Pics & Praise for the Market Tote thread" but I know it is just going to get buried and I think it applies to more than just the Market Tote since it's about leathers and hardware mostly so I thought I start a new thread just in case someone was curious about any if this.

First off hardware- (last season vs. New Fall Market Totes)You can barely tell a difference between the updated buckles and the old buckles *when the old buckles are NEW and shiny* but over time the older buckles WILL tarnish.
    Not to worry though!!

I first had a NIGHT MT which I had purchased off *bay from a fellow tpfer.. it was beautiful and all but the hardware was really tarnished (as mentioned in auction so it wasn't a surprise or anything).. little did I know my SO had ordered me a new NOIR MT.. (which is crazy b/c he has never bought me a bag EVER!). So I had decided to give the NIGHT MT away to a friend of mine since I snagged her for such a good deal but didn't want to give her the bag with the deeply tarnished buckels so I bought some Brasso.

I'll tell you within a matter of SECONDS the buckles looked just as shiny as my brand spankin' new NOIR MT!!!
    I couldn't believe it! I will advise that if you do decide to clean up your brass hardware that you are careful, you wouldn't want to get any on the leather just in case. I literally used a bunch of q-tips so I could precisely apply just the right amount of brasso in just the right areas. I then took a clean paper towel and wiped the buckles clean. I did get a little dot of braso on the leather and I quickly wiped it clean with a wet paper towel and it came right off..
    I strongly advise anyone who has tarnished brass hardware to use this stuff because it turned an old looking bag into a beautiful, shinning bag that could have passed for new. JUST BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO but don't be scared!

Secondly- there IS a difference between the NOIR & NIGHT leather... albeit a small difference but I could definitely pick out which bags were NIGHT and which were NOIR in the store and at my house. I looked at several of each and there was a consistent difference. The NOIR leather has a bit more glaze (or shine.. whatever you'd like to call it) while the NIGHT leather is more matte.. thus giving the NOIR a bit more structure and thicker feeling as well. There are also some updated features on the NOIR bags such as sealed handles etc..

I know these are some random tidbits but I hope it is useful info to at least one person out there- thanks for listening!:heart:

2. Cool, thanks for the info littlerock. I haven't made it into a store lately to compare my night with the noir.

3. Very useful info indeed LR! Thanks! :tup: They rarely describe it in such details in any stores or on evilbay, but I think it's safe to say that we Minkettes care a pretty great deal about these details. I also appreciate the color clarification re: Noir and Night, always wonder about that myself... :thinking:

:goodpost:

4. Informative review, LR! I have always wondered about the difference and now I know. Thanks for taking the time!