Nielsen Homescan Consumer Panel Accepting New Applicants

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The Nielsen Homescan Consumer Panel focuses on measuring consumer attitudes and behavior. If you qualify, Nielsen will provide you with a handheld scanner to scan each item you purchase. Once a week, you'll send them your purchase information. As a reward for doing so, you’ll earn gift points that are redeemable for name-brand merchandise, including electronics equipment, jewelry, household items, toys, and more!

If you want to become a member- head over here to sign up! Remember, not all areas are open for applicants right now. They will let you know and put you on a waiting list if your area is not accepting new applicants!

http://www.homescansignup.com/registration/index.aspx?id=909&afid=&refid=&opt_ovr=&cn=&email=

2. do you currently do this? I read you have to carry a scanner with you and scan all your groceries as you shop... is that true?

3. No, I found this in one of the coupon newsletters I receive. She did say that you would be required to carry a scanner to the store with you. :nuts:

4. I signed up and just got an email that my scanner is being mailed to me.
    This should be interesting.

5. i can't imagine the points add up quickly.

i know people who were neilsen participants for radio stations and they were paid $20 a month per person. when they told me everything they had to do (charge the machines, wear them or carry them everywhere they went, make sure the machine wasn't stagnant for too long, etc.) it seemed like WAY too much trouble.

6. i signed up and got my scanner in the mail...it's still unopened in the box for the past 2 weeks haha. i didn't know i had to carry it with me though...
    i thought you just scan everything you buy one day a week...

7. ^^^
    i think there are different focus groups, so you may not have to wear yours. theirs focused on radio stations, so they had to wear them to pick up some automatic signal when they were anywhere with a radio.