Nicole's and Tom's kids are Scientologists...

karo

O.G.
Sep 5, 2006
Nicole Kidman graces the December issue of Marie Claire magazine and in the interview she doesn't seem to be too happy about their kids religion:

Nicole on her kids with Tom Cruise, Isabella and Conner: “Yes, they’re being raised as Scientologists. I don’t want to go there.”

More highlights from the article:

Using her bad eyesight to her advantage with the paparazzi:
“I never wore glasses except when I had to read a teleprompter at an awards show or drive, so I didn’t notice much. I could exist in my head. It was kind of my escape from the world and my protection.”

Nicole on her first year of marriage to Keith Urban:
“They say the first year of marriage is the hardest. Please, God — he’s the most important person in my life, and he says I am for him, and that’s where we’re at. We won’t go more than 12 days apart, ever. The time he went away to rehab was the longest time.”

Nicole turning 40:
“Yipee! I can’t believe I made it. It feels like a long haul to get here. I’m so fine with it. People want you to have some sort of breakdown, but I’m relieved to be 40 years old, and I’ve lived a life.”

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 115
I heard on the radio this morning that Katie Holmes has to have a scientologist monitor walk around with her to help her with her religion. If that is true...that is just plain crazy!

Nicole Kidman graces the December issue of Marie Claire magazine and in the interview she doesn't seem to be too happy about their kids religion:

Nicole on her kids with Tom Cruise, Isabella and Conner: “Yes, they’re being raised as Scientologists. I don’t want to go there.”
quote]

if what they rumors say are true I wouldn't want to go there either!

It could mean she isn't happy with them being Scientologists, or it could mean she doesn't want to discuss it, because Scientology is so controversial. It's hard to tell from her comments. However, I get the feeling that raising them as Scientologists wasn't her idea. It sounded like Scientology was an issue in Tom and Nicole's marriage.

ugh. i can't stand tom cruise, but for some reason, i don't like nic either, although i respect her a great deal for getting out of there.

ugh. i can't stand tom cruise, but for some reason, i don't like nic either, although i respect her a great deal for getting out of there.

I agree - I want Nicole to be happy because I do think she got the huge shaft by Tom, but then in the back of my head I'm always thinking how he was "happily" (according to him) married to Mimi Rogers when they met. But with the combined being dumped by Tom for Penelope Cruz while having a miscarriage and Kieth going to rehab in their first year of marriage, I really hope things go well for her for the rest of her life.

well i think it's quite horrible being aroud Tom, he is crazy with all thie thing of Scientology...he is a very different person now.
Nicole need to be strong to face the fact that her kids are not catholic like her, but i admire her decision to not discuss the theme in public.

She had to know from the time they were married (or before) and certainly when the children were adopted that they would be raised in his religion. No matter how much she may regret that decision, she cannot go back on it now. It goes to show how important it is to discuss and all be on the same page regarding religion and other important aspects of raising children with one's dh/so before having kids!

With any luck, the kids will hit a nice rebellious stage and renounce their Scientology "religion". Tom's new movie was a total flop, his star is fading and hopefully he will be gone from public interest entirely soon enough. Note to Katie: Run. Take Suri and run, run, run. It isn't too late for her (Suri).

I agree. Seems like Nicole went through a lot with Tom dumping her and all. It was really classy of her not to air out the dirty laundry to the press.