Nicole's and Tom's kids are Scientologists...

It could mean she isn't happy with them being Scientologists, or it could mean she doesn't want to discuss it, because Scientology is so controversial. It's hard to tell from her comments. However, I get the feeling that raising them as Scientologists wasn't her idea. It sounded like Scientology was an issue in Tom and Nicole's marriage.

It was always a rumor that Tom was never happy with Nicole not giving up catholicism for scientology. So it might be true. I don't know, people are usually happy to celebrate their religion/etnithy so it's a bit odd she wouldn't want to comment on that. But perhaps it's just that she doesn't want to talk about her kids and attract any media attention towards THEM.

I agree, Bambie.

To add, I don't understand Scientology, but I respect Tom's right to practice. I also respect his right to raise his kids in that religion.

Once the kids are older, they can choose to continue to be Scientologists, they can go back to Catholocism, or they can choose something else.

As someone said, children don't always practice their parents' religions. I certainly don't. My dad was raised Anglican and my mom was raised Catholic. My brother and I were baptized and raised Catholic. Neither one of us practice it and I don't even call myself Catholic. (I call myself Spiritual.)

Like most religions there is a lot of brianwashing going on, I can only imagine how scarey Scientology brainwashing is. I think they will be messed up to a certain extent, I don't mean that in a bad messed up way, but hopefully they will develop a good strength to ultimately choose, which means standing up to daddy Cruise - he seems mean and angry to me

Nicole on her kids with Tom Cruise, Isabella and Conner: “Yes, they’re being raised as Scientologists. I don’t want to go there.”

It seems she´s not a scientologist herself? Then why raise her kids that way?

Well if I had to live with Tom Cruise
I'd become a Scientologist or anything that helped lessen the torture.
There are very few celebs that I dislike - he's one of them.

LOL, yeah, I thought he was ok until he started jumping on couches and having meltdowns... now i find him unbelievable irritating.

Can someone explain to me WHY it's such a big deal to be a Scientologist, esp. when it comes to Tom Cruise. Half of the Hollywood crowd belongs to it but I don't see anyone bashing Leah Remini, John Travolta or Kirstie Alley. Let the guy and his family be already.

As for Nicole's comment, I am sure she said she didn't want to go there because she didn't want to get off topic (I am sure she was doing the article to promote her own project and didn't want the article turning into a piece about Tom).

Can someone explain to me WHY it's such a big deal to be a Scientologist, esp. when it comes to Tom Cruise. Half of the Hollywood crowd belongs to it but I don't see anyone bashing Leah Remini, John Travolta or Kirstie Alley. Let the guy and his family be already.

I agree! I think it was the jumping on Oprah's couch, that little spat with Matt Lauer (sp) on the today show, and the Brooke Shields falling out that made people turn against him.
One of these days I'm gonna Google Scientology and read up on what it's about. Just for my curiosity. Im ashamed to admit that I went along with media stance on it (cult, crazy people etc...) Thats not really fair of me to judge because truthfully I know nothing about it.

Can someone explain to me WHY it's such a big deal to be a Scientologist, esp. when it comes to Tom Cruise

I don't really think that him being a Scientologist is such a big deal -- it more the fact of him "bible thumping" others with it and how he conducts himself.
He chooses to bring so much attention to himself ..
Jumping on Oprah's couch:tdown:
Spewing negativity toward Brook Shields:tdown:
Being a total condescending ass when interviewed on camera to name a few.:tdown:

Because of his better than everyone else attitude I find him vile and repulsive.:throwup::throwup::yucky:
The other celebs that have chosen Scientology conduct themselves in ways nice to other people.

I agree 100%

Everyone has the right to follow whatever religion they choose. I think it's ridiculous that people find it acceptable to bash someone for being a Scientologist. Would we tolerate people bashing others for being Catholic? Jewish? Not likely.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/9363363/inside_scientology

Great article. It is a WACKY "religion". Once you read it, you will see that the kids really aren't going to have a choice to leave scientology. To me it is a more of a cult than a religion. Any religion that you have to pay for in order to reach "new levels" is a crock. It certainly doesn't help that L. Ron Hubbard (creator of Diatentics and eventually Scientology) was SCIENCE FICTION writer.

I have no idea what people see in Scientology, it really blows my mind. I am not religious at all and don't believe in anything, but I don't care that people practice as long as they don't try to throw it on me, but for some reason Scientology really doesn't seem like a religion to me but more of a sham.