Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban

-----
(source: news.yahoo.com)
Kidman, Urban in Sydney for Wedding
Monday, June 19, 2006

SYDNEY, Australia - Nicole Kidman and fiance Keith Urban came home to Australia on Monday to be married, they said in a joint statement.

"We are very happy to be back in Australia," they said in a joint statement carried by Australian Associated Press. "We have come home to celebrate our wedding with our family and friends."

Australian media have widely speculated that Kidman, who will be 39 on Tuesday, and Urban, 38, will wed June 25 at a Catholic church in a northern Sydney suburb close to where Kidman, who was born in Hawaii, attended high school.

The Oscar-winning actress was photographed leaving a private jet as she arrived in Sydney early Monday.

Kidman told People magazine last month that she and Urban were planning to marry. "He's actually my fiance," she told the magazine after hosting a gala event in New York. "I wouldn't be bringing my boyfriend."

Urban's publicist, Paul Freundlich, later confirmed the couple were "happily engaged."

Kidman won an Oscar for 2002's "The Hours." Urban won a Grammy in 2006 for best male country vocal performance for "You'll Think of Me."

Urban and Kidman were first seen together last year.

Kidman and Tom Cruise divorced in 2001 after 10 years of marriage. The couple have two children, Isabelle and Connor.

Katie Holmes, who is engaged to Cruise, gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter, Suri, in April.
---
On the Net:
http://www.keithurban.net/
-----

Good for her!! They gave beer to the paparazzi. :lol:

Kidman, Urban soothe paparazzi with cold beer

SYDNEY (Reuters) - Oscar-winning actress Nicole Kidman and fiance Keith Urban used a very Australian gift to soothe the paparazzi camped outside her Sydney home on Tuesday ahead of their expected weekend wedding -- a case of cold beer.

After staking out Kidman's harbourside Sydney house for most of the day, some 20 photographers heard her garage door start to rise and quickly armed themselves with motor-drive cameras.

But instead of a shot of the bride and groom before the wedding day, the paparazzi were met by two women carrying a case of beer and water bottles.

Written on the case of 24 bottles of "Victoria Bitter" beer was a note: "Enjoy!, Nicole and Keith."

And it seemed the gesture worked, at least temporarily, with the paparazzi thanking their host and enjoying the beer -- a universal greeting of friendship in Australia.

On a previous visit Kidman clashed with a photographer, claiming he was planting a listening device near her home and gained a court restraining order against him.

But on this trip Kidman is using all her Hollywood charms.
Earlier in the day the paparazzi sent Kidman flowers to celebrate her 39th birthday on Tuesday and sang her happy birthday via a gate intercom.

Kidman emerged smiling. Asked what she planned for her birthday, she replied: "Not much, dinner at home with mum ... boring. Thank you for the flowers and the singing."

Kidman and country music star Urban arrived in Australia on Monday saying they had returned to Australia to be married.

Local media reported Kidman and Urban were tipped to tie the knot at a Catholic church near her family home in Sydney's northern suburbs at the weekend.
Kidman, who won an Academy Award for her role in the 2002 film "The Hours," ended her 10-year marriage to Tom Cruise in 2001. The couple has two adopted children.

She met Urban in January 2005 at an awards dinner held by the Australian government in Los Angeles honoring the two.

Kidman was born in Hawaii and raised in Australia, while Urban was born in New Zealand but also raised in Australia.

Urban won a Grammy in 2005 for best male country vocal performance with the song "You'll Think of Me."

Details of the wedding remain under wraps, but local media said Kidman is rumored to be having a hen's night on Friday at a Sydney day spa and Urban will have his buck's night on Friday.
Guests will reportedly include fellow stars Naomi Watts, Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman, director Baz Luhrmann, and News Corp. Ltd. boss Rupert Murdoch and his wife Wendi Deng.

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=peopleNews&storyID=2006-06-20T083744Z_01_SYD210776_RTRIDST_0_PEOPLE-KIDMANQ-DC.XML&pageNumber=0&imageid=&cap=&sz=13&WTModLoc=NewsArt-C1-ArticlePage2

That's great, she seems like such a nice person. I'm loving the fact her popularity soared when she split with Tom. The were a nice looking couple but I honestly think that her not being a "mindless droll" & becoming a Scientologist caused their divorce. Too bad Katie isn't thinking for herself :sad: IMO, Keith is much prettier to look at than Tom is :graucho:

I just heard on the news that Nicole wore Balenciaga- I decided to check people.com to confirm. The article is below.

It's not a great picture of the dress, but this is a HUGE deal for Balenciaga. I wonder if Nicole gave away b-bags to her bridesmaids? I bet she was able to get her hands on the blue-grey, lol.

Nicole & Keith Say 'I Do'

Sunday Jun 25, 2006 5:00am EST
Sunday Jun 25, 2006 6:00am EST (updated)
nicole_kidman2.jpg

Kidman and Urban on their wedding day
CREDIT: CATH MUSCAT

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have gotten married, reps for the couple have confirmed to PEOPLE.

The all-candlelight ceremony took place just after sundown Sunday night at Sydney, Australia's Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel on St. Patrick's Estate at Manly.

Guests at the black-tie event included Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Naomi Watts and Rupert Murdoch.

Kidman's wedding party consisted of her sister Antonia, who was her maid of honor, and daughter Isabella, 13, who was her bridesmaid. Antonia's daughter, Lucia, was a flower girl. On the groom's side were Urban's brother Shane, who served as best man, and longtime buddy Marlon Holden, who produced Urban's first solo album in 1991.

Kidman wore a dress by Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga. Her father, Antony, walked her down the aisle under the dramatic glow of a spotlight. She kept her veil on throughout the ceremony, only lifting it when it came time to say the (very traditional) vows.

The flowers were white freesias, gardenias and carnations arranged by Sydney florist Saskia Havekes.

Kidman got ready at her home in Sydney's Darling Point with Isabella and son Connor, 11, and drove to Manly with her father in a white Rolls Royce. Bella and Antonia rode just ahead of them in a matching white Rolls Royce.

More on this story
spacer.gif
Nicole & Keith Do Vegas
spacer.gif
Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban's Rendezvous
spacer.gif
Nicole Kidman: 'I Would Love to Have a Baby'

"Nicole cried all the way to the church in the car and then she cried all during the ceremony and had to wipe her eyes under the veil," a guest tells PEOPLE. "It was the most emotional and beautiful ceremony. Nicole looked ethereal with her veil floating, like a vision in white. ... Keith cried when he looked at her.

"It was so intense," the guest says. "When her veil was lifted, he moved right in and he grabbed her and kissed her. It was a long, passionate kiss. (Then) everything went from being quiet and elegant and intense to really loud, like we were suddenly at a soccer game. There was screaming and hollering and such excitement.

"But when Nicole and Keith looked at each other it was like they were the only two people in the room. They are so deeply in love. It was the most incredible wedding."

In lieu of gifts, guests were asked to donate to the Sydney Children's Hospital.

Both Jackman and Crowded House's Neil Finn performed at the reception, which had a "passion" theme and red color scheme – including red carnations hanging from huge chandeliers and red roses on the tables.

Later in the evening, the newlyweds released a statement: "We just want to thank everyone in Australia and around the world who have sent us their warm wishes."

nicole_kidman3.jpg

Kidman and Urban in February
CREDIT: KEVIN MAZUR / WIREIMAGE
The nuptials followed nearly a week of high-profile preparation. On Monday, the couple issued a statement saying they had returned to their native Australia to get married. "We are very happy to be back in Australia. We have come home to celebrate our wedding with our family and friends."

Over the next several days, wedding guests including Jackman, Watts, Isabella and Connor and Urban's parents and brother arrived Down Under for the celebration.

"I'm very excited for my friend," Watts told reporters upon her arrival. Jackman, who arrived later that day, joked, "Wedding? What wedding?"

Kidman and Urban's openness about their nuptials was unusual for the normally fiercely private stars. But the couple have taken the spotlight in stride, even sending cold beer on Tuesday to the paparazzi camped outside Kidman's home. On the case of 24 bottles of Victoria Bitter beer was a note: "Enjoy! Nicole & Keith."

Kidman first confirmed the couple's engagement to PEOPLE in May, saying that Urban was not just her boyfriend – "he's actually my fiancé." She added, "He's very good to me."

Kidman, 39 and Urban, 38, met in January 2005 at a gala dinner in Los Angeles honoring noted Australians. (Kidman was born in Hawaii and Urban in New Zealand, but both were raised in Australia.) By summer, they'd begun a low-profile courtship.

In July, PEOPLE reported that they'd gone on a motorcycle ride in Woodstock, N.Y., and had lunch at Elijah's Cafe, a natural-foods restaurant. In September, they spent time together in Litchfield County, Conn., dining in the garden of the Good News Cafe in Woodbury. "They looked very together," said one onlooker.

nkidman.jpg

Kidman (and her ring) at an event in January
CREDIT: JACKSON LEE / ADMEDIA; EVAN AGOSTINI / GETTY (INSET)
Kidman was also a fixture on Urban's "Keith's Alive in '05" tour, during which "they were inseparable," a source close to the singer told PEOPLE. "You could see something real special was going on between them."

In November, Kidman was photographed wearing a diamond on her ring finger while walking arm-in-arm with Urban in Boston. Of a rumored engagement, Urban's rep, Paul Freundlich, said at the time, "Right now it's just a rumor. When and if there's a statement, we'll make that public."

That month, the couple – and their parents – spent Thanksgiving at Urban's mansion in Nashville's posh Green Hills neighborhood.

They spent the early part of this year nesting in Nashville, dining out with neighbor LeAnn Rimes and hanging out at the local Starbucks.

"They're very loving together," a Nashville source told PEOPLE in April. "They're very doting. He holds her hand the whole time and pats the top of her other hand at the same time. It's adorable."

Said a source close to Kidman, "They seem great together. Real love just happens. You don't plan it. And that's what happened with them. They fell in love."

This is the first marriage for Urban and the second for Kidman, who was married to Tom Cruise from 1990 to 2001.