Nicole Back in Hospital For Treatment

i had heard a rumor that she has bariatric surgery and that's what resulted in the significant weight loss. Bariatric surgery can have complications including problems absorbing vitamins. I read that DJ Am (her ex fiance) had had bariatric surgery. I find it hard to believe someone of her weight would have it. You usually need to be clinically obese to be approved, but it IS hollywood so who knows?!

I was thinking the same thing! Celebrities are the only ones who go into the hospital for "dehydration" and "exhaustion."

LOL!! You make a VERY GOOD POINT. I have never in all my life known anyone to go to the hospital for exhaustion or dehydration but celebs. They must think we're idiots...although, the really sad part is that you know at least 87% actually believe it.

Good for her for trying to put on weight.

This is going to sound weird but it is a true story. I always, ever since I've been in 7th grade, been 115 lbs and 5'9". This was actually fine. My sisters, mother aunts, grandfather, etc. were all exactly the same, and no doctor was ever worried about me. But then I had my kids. I had very difficult pregnancies and both were born prematurely. I breastfed them both for 14 months each. My health really suffered and breastfeeding really took all the nutrients out of me. I now weight 103 lbs. My doctor and I have tried everything for a year to get me to gain weight. I take extra iron, I've been on the milkshake diet, I've eaten more protien. I just can't gain my weight back and it's been so frustraiting. The biggest embarrasment is that everyone thinks I am anorexic and feels the need to comment on my weight, and then I feel like I need to explain everything to everyone (sigh).

I have bonded with my cowroker who used to be heavy and lost 150 lbs and now everyone asks what kind of cancer he has.

I guess the point is I know the battle to put on weight, even though my problem was the breastfeeding. It just makes you feel that everyone is judging you all the time.

Good for her for trying to put on weight.

This is going to sound weird but it is a true story. I always, ever since I've been in 7th grade, been 115 lbs and 5'9". This was actually fine. My sisters, mother aunts, grandfather, etc. were all exactly the same, and no doctor was ever worried about me. But then I had my kids. I had very difficult pregnancies and both were born prematurely. I breastfed them both for 14 months each. My health really suffered and breastfeeding really took all the nutrients out of me. I now weight 103 lbs. My doctor and I have tried everything for a year to get me to gain weight. I take extra iron, I've been on the milkshake diet, I've eaten more protien. I just can't gain my weight back and it's been so frustraiting. The biggest embarrasment is that everyone thinks I am anorexic and feels the need to comment on my weight, and then I feel like I need to explain everything to everyone (sigh).

I have bonded with my cowroker who used to be heavy and lost 150 lbs and now everyone asks what kind of cancer he has.

I guess the point is I know the battle to put on weight, even though my problem was the breastfeeding. It just makes you feel that everyone is judging you all the time.

I doubt Nicole is having the same issue as you. In spite of what she would like readers to believe, she is *not* naturally this thin--we all know what she looked like before. Besides, the hospitalization for "dehydration" and "exhaustion" is usually just a euphemism in Hollywood for "overdose."

I'm sick of the PR "dehydration" excuse that we have seen countless times with Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, and now, Nicole Richie. Everyone knows that they aren't dehydrated. Just tell the truth--they're on drugs.

I suppose everyone it attempting to 'protect' them, but most people with half a brain know what is going on.

She needs help and many of these girls need to realize that they need a longer stint in rehab than 1 or 2 days at a time. It is a BATTLE. They have their work cut out for them just to stay ok.