Nico-advice please!

perach

Aug 8, 2008
I am thinking of bidding on a Nico on ebay, but after reading some of the threads here I am worried that it is too large to use as an everyday bag. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance for your help!

It is probably too big for me, but at 5-1, I'm not the optimal Nico owner. It seems to do really well for some of our ladies and the Nico is incomparably soft and squishy. How large is the bag you usually carry?

The bag I carry every day is definitely smaller than the Nico, probably more the size of a Havana. However, my bag now is structured so I wonder if in a slouchy bag a larger size might be okay? I am about 5'6".

Is it the Currant Nico? Great looking bag and looks like the seller is a TPf member Yea! :tup: I LOVE LOVE big bags and that is really all I own/carry. The measurements don't seem too out of line to me. I was thinking there was some great modeling shots of this bag in an earlier thread...I may be wrong. Do you tend to carry larger bags normally?

I think at 5-6, and already carrying a structured bag the size of the Havana Hobo, you would be fine with the Nico. A smooshy bag almost always "carries" smaller than a structured one.

I am looking at the Currant and also at a dark brown one, haven't decided. But the dark brown ends first so I guess I'll have to make up my mind! I do tend to carry large bags, I live in Manhattan so I don't have a car-if it doesn't fit in my bag it gets left behind. I like to have all my stuff with me, quite a packrat.

Last edited:
I'm not going to lie... the Nico is a big bag! But if you are looking for a good Manhattan carry-all bag - the Nico would be perfect! I'm only 5'3 and I use my Nico for the exact same purpose. Last winter, I was using the Nico as my work/gym bag. It could hold some work papers, my lunch for the day, and my gym clothes. Then I could still go out to dinner after and not feel like I had my 'gym' bag with me. you know? It is super slouchy and smooshy so I I think you should be fine! Hmmm... I think its about time to get mine out of the closet for the fall/winter!!

Here's my thread when I got my Chocolate Nico. I am only 5'4" and I definitely don't think it is overwhelming. The leather on this line of bags is nothing short of amazing; so soft and squishy~ it literally molds to your body. There are some modelling pix in the thread. Check it out and see what you think!

http://forum.purseblog.com/hayden-harnett/uh-oh-guess-what-new-chocolate-nico-me-347084.html

That was the thread I was thinking about! What a great bag! I say go for it! :tup: