Nicks and dents on small love from small JUC

Jun 11, 2009
Hi All! I’ve been stacking my small love with my small JUC and noticed a ton of nicks, dents and scratches on the side of my love bracelet where the nail head hits it. I wear them with the JUC head next to the love as that’s what I was advised to do by the SA to prevent the bracelets from overlapping.

Just wondering if anyone else who stacks that way has also noticed nicks and dents?? I expected the side of the love to get scratched up but I was surprised to see so many nicks in it. Actual cuts in the gold. Crazy ton of scratches too and I’ve only stacked them a few of times. I don’t really mind because it’s on the side/profile of the bracelet so you can’t really see it but the nicks/deeper cuts are a little concerning. Didn’t realize how soft the love bracelet is!

Unfortunately, precious metal rubbing against each other will cause scratches. I stack mines together and don't pay attention it anymore. If it bothers you, then you should not stack them together and wear separately.

I second what @Swanky asked. I wear the tail end of my small JUC touching my small love and usually don’t have issues.

I lost some weight recently and my bracelets have been hitting and gouging each other. (I was able to fully rotate my bracelets around my wrist without much tension.) I just switched my bracelets back to my larger wrist and am notice much less clinking/hitting.

Reactions: lilndc
I was advised by my SA to wear my small JUC with the tail next to my Love for this reason! He said that he’s seen significant indentations over time from the head of the JUC bracelet hitting the Love.

I second what @Swanky asked. I wear the tail end of my small JUC touching my small love and usually don’t have issues.

I lost some weight recently and my bracelets have been hitting and gouging each other. (I was able to fully rotate my bracelets around my wrist without much tension.) I just switched my bracelets back to my larger wrist and am notice much less clinking/hitting.
Does the tail overlap and scratch the top of the love bracelet? With the nail head against the love, the damage is being done to the side/profile where it’s not visible so I’m more ok with that. Scratches on the top of the love would bother me more.

Last edited:
I was advised by my SA to wear my small JUC with the tail next to my Love for this reason! He said that he’s seen significant indentations over time from the head of the JUC bracelet hitting the Love.
Hi! I was aware of the regular size making dents because of how heavy it is but the small JUC is so lightweight so I’m surprised to see nicks and dents. It’s crazy because I’ve only stacked them a few times but you wouldn’t think that looking at the amount of damage that has been done to the love.

I was told by the SA that wearing the tail next to love causes the bracelet to overlap and scratch. Have you noticed scratches on your love bracelet from the JUC tail?

Last edited:
Hi! I was aware of the regular size making dents because of how heavy it is but the small JUC is so lightweight so I’m surprised to see nicks and dents. It’s crazy because I’ve only stacked them a few times but you wouldn’t think that looking at the amount of damage that has been done to the love.

I was told by the SA that wearing the tail next to love causes the bracelet to overlap and scratch. Have you noticed scratches on your love bracelet from the JUC tail?
So because of how lightweight the small JUC is, I don’t worry about it scratching my Love as any scratches would be so tiny and hard to see. That being said, there are micro scratches on my Love but it’s hard for me to say if they’re from my JUC or just everyday life. I hope that helps!

Reactions: ChanellenahC
I wear mine with the tail next to the Love with no issues. I also wear mine 24/7 and don’t take them off. Gold will scratch but I’d rather have something that can be polished out vs having dents on the side. The higher the gold content, the softer it is. View attachment 5689739
Agreed! Those dents will only become bigger and more noticeable over time. Scratches can be polished and even a good cleaning can make scratches look nonexistent.

Maybe I’ll try wearing it with tail side against the love and see if that works better. I’m nervous to stack the love with anything now, seeing how soft and easily damaged it can get. I know the higher the gold content, the softer it is but I was just surprised that 18k is that soft.

I examined my love again and you can see some of the scuffs and scratches but you can’t really see the indentations without a loupe.

Last edited:
@ChanellenahC my tail doesn’t really overlap unless my bracelets are too loose. I generally am okay with scratches bc I understand that’s the cost of wearing jewelry, but I won’t lie, it is a little sad at first. My husband had to remind me that every scratch just means my bracelet is well-loved and worn frequently.

Also fwiw, I notice more scratches on my small love when I wear it alone than when I have it stacked with the small juc and small clash. Maybe bc I sandwich the small love and it gets protected?

Reactions: ChanellenahC