Nickled & Dimed- What would you do?!

chicjean

O.G.
May 28, 2010
Just need to vent.

I was watching an item on eBay and it ended with no bids. I sent the seller a message asking if she'd be willing to sell it for a slightly lower price and she agreed as long as we could go through PayPal to avoid eBay fees.

I sell A LOT on eBay, and if the buyer has a high number and 100%, I have no problem doing this, since I like to avoid the fees, too. This seller had a high number, a top seller badge, and 100% feedback.

The listing was for $45, and we agreed on $35.

When I sent the $35, she wrote back and said that she actually wanted it to go for $45, so I sent the extra $10. I received the item with no trouble... until I sent her an email thanking her and letting her know I got it.

She sent me a message saying that I needed to pay the PayPal fees that she was charged to sell her item, as well as the difference in what in sold for to what it's worth!!!

I paid $35 and it's worth $200. She wants me to cover all the fees and send her an additional $170!!!!

I'm wondering what to do- I'm so angry about this!

As a seller, I know the value of what I'm selling, and I'll often lower the price to sell it faster, knowing I'm taking a loss. Now she wants me to pay the difference so she can "break even" even though I already have the item!

I'm half tempted to offer to sell it back to her for $150...

Ugh...

^ That's kinda what I'm thinking... and she's mainly a seller, so that's why I felt comfortable doing it in the first place. I know buyer's can only have positive feedback.

Eh, she can't do anything to you. At most I would send a reply saying, "We agreed on the price I paid and I'm not paying any additional money." and then ignore her if she sends any more emails.

If she sold item for $35 and then managed to guilt you into paying another $10, it's yours and I would ignore her. Maybe block her, however, in case she is into a little revenge buying and plans to mess you over (i.e. by purchasing your item and leaving neg FB) or something. She's an idiot if she wanted $200 for her item and sold for $45. That is not your problem, it's hers.:biggrin:

If she sold item for $35 and then managed to guilt you into paying another $10, it's yours and I would ignore her. Maybe block her, however, in case she is into a little revenge buying and plans to mess you over (i.e. by purchasing your item and leaving neg FB) or something. She's an idiot if she wanted $200 for her item and sold for $45. That is not your problem, it's hers.:biggrin:

Good idea. Just did that...

She sent me a message saying that I needed to pay the PayPal fees that she was charged to sell her item, as well as the difference in what in sold for to what it's worth!!!

I paid $35 and it's worth $200. She wants me to cover all the fees and send her an additional $170!!!!

I'm wondering what to do- I'm so angry about this!

Don't be angry!! I actually got a good laugh out of this story....in fact I'm still laughing at her request.
Feel sorry for her instead....cause you can't change stupid....she's stuck with that forever.

she can't be for real can she with this ridiculous request!!!

you both agreed on $35 she wanted an additional $10.. you paid her that...

the rest is up to her to figure out.... what a piece of work!!!

what's in that pipe she is smoking!!!

block her & forget about it... enjoy your purchase!!