Nickel & Dime me to death!

I understand the frustration. I had an expensive Martin dreadnought guitar that I had a BIN at $600. (I paid $1200). At the time it was the best price among the other listings. Some idiot emailed me requesting for me to end the listing and he would offer me $100. :cursing: I wouldn't dignify his email with a response.

I have a bag up right now. Retail is $1300 plus tax, and got a $100 offer this morning. I wasn't very nice when I declined it!

My favourite justification for a lowball offer on a vintage Chanel purse I was auctioning (not a BIN OBO) was "because I don't plan on using it very often"!

Um, if you pay the auction price, I don't care if you set it on fire after you get it... (Actually, I decided to give it to a gf who appreciated it for what it is, instead of dealing with the crazy offers.)

Yeah, I had another one today on my husband's ID. Item was $50 OBO. Buyer offered $15.00, I countered at $45 and ....are you ready for this? They countered at $16.50!!!

I went in and changed my auto decline settings....LOL

That's when you counter with $49.50 and tell them to go fly a kite if that's how they're going to haggle. :rolleyes:

Well, I wish I didn't believe all these stories, but experience, you know... we could start a thread of "craziest lowball offers," might be good for a laugh. I especially love the ones with the "explanations." :true:

I think many buyers treated eBay as garage sale. I had once listed a pair of brand new CL $1200 boots for about half of its original price. That was the only pair of CL shoes I have, and I don't know its name since I am not very familiar with CL lines. A buyer messaged me and said since I don't know the name of those boots, he would offer me $100. :wtf: