Nicholas Kirkwood - these shoes are TDF!!!!

lvpiggy

feels like pigsomnia
O.G.
Jan 24, 2008
why hasn't anyone told me about these before? does anyone have a pair? if so, can you post modelling pix?!?! i think i'm in love . . . :drool:

Xxx
members cannot post links to their blogs except in their signature

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a post a little bit below from someone that just got their first pair from a sample sale - they are hot pink and absolutely lush! This season was much better than some of his first runs - the heel was too chunky IMO on some of those. He does have a pair that's on pearls that is TDF! :heart: Also there is a great article about him in Vogue. Anne Wintor says when there is Nicholas Kirkwood around why wear anything else. He's been daubed the newest Christian Louboutin....

Oh yes, I remember the shoe with the pearls. It's quite amazing!

13S9060A.jpg

I think I'd be too scared to walk in most of his shoes. They're like works of art. Browns just opened their own shoe store and will host their official opening party with NK during the London Fashion Week.

I'd love to see any modeling pics as well!

p.s. anyone in London should definitely check out Browns Shoe Store. I went last week and it's really beautiful (posted a review on my blog).

Oh yes, I remember the shoe with the pearls. It's quite amazing!

13S9060A.jpg

I think I'd be too scared to walk in most of his shoes. They're like works of art. Browns just opened their own shoe store and will host their official opening party with NK during the London Fashion Week.

I'd love to see any modeling pics as well!

p.s. anyone in London should definitely check out Browns Shoe Store. I went last week and it's really beautiful (posted a review on my blog).

I emailed them about this shoe, but haven't received a response yet. When they email me back I'll let you guys know. I love these.

I absolutely :heart::heart::heart: NK and went a little crazy collecting his shoes last fall.....well almost bought his whole collection for fall....lol. NK shoes are actually very comfortable despite the heel height and platform! It was hard to track down the different pieces b/c so few stores in the US currently carry NK, and the US stockists mostly buy the lame reject styles (except Seven New York, which stocks the best styles and sells out full price instantly). I have to edit out a few pairs b/c of this economy (and some things gotta come before shoes), but most of my collection I can't stand to part with.

Here are some of my NK's from fall '08; I have some others that I'll try to photograph for another post.

attachment.php

Attachments

• CopyofIMG_1439 2.jpg
    CopyofIMG_1439 2.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 7,870
Here's a slingback version of the "floating pearls" platform, new for SS '09. Seven New York (http://sevennewyork.com/designers/nicholas-kirkwood) is slated to get this shoe which was also featured recently in Elle or Harper Bazaar.

attachment.php

It's an extension of the "suspended pearl" theme NK first introduced for shoes this past season:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• nicholas-kirkwood-ss09-02.jpg
    nicholas-kirkwood-ss09-02.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 11,056
  • Kirkwood_suspended-pearl.jpg
    Kirkwood_suspended-pearl.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 10,901
  • Kirkwood_suspended-pearl2.jpg
    Kirkwood_suspended-pearl2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 8,198
I absolutely :heart::heart::heart: NK and went a little crazy collecting his shoes last fall.....well almost bought his whole collection for fall....lol. NK shoes are actually very comfortable despite the heel height and platform! It was hard to track down the different pieces b/c so few stores in the US currently carry NK, and the US stockists mostly buy the lame reject styles (except Seven New York, which stocks the best styles and sells out full price instantly). I have to edit out a few pairs b/c of this economy (and some things gotta come before shoes), but most of my collection I can't stand to part with.

Here are some of my NK's from fall '08; I have some others that I'll try to photograph for another post.

attachment.php

:drool::drool: I only had one pair of NK's and they are the black pumps with the snakeskin heel. I had to return them though, they were the wrong size, and they had no other ones in stock.:crybaby:

Damn girl!! I soo envy you right now!! I need modeling pics of the satin blue ones ASAP!!

^^^What size are you looking for in the black satin/blue snakeskin pump? I might know of a place with a few limited sizes left.

BTW the black/blue snakeskin heel contrast shoe also came in this lattice version which I'd searched everywhere for but still missed out on (it was one of the styles to first sell out at Seven New York):

f8niki-819-8.jpg

Here's how that shoe looks on the foot (as seen at one of the Paris/London fashion weeks):

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was too late to jump on the wagon for that shoe (in my size) so instead I opted for this purple satin version which also holds a very special place in my heart:

attachment.php

Attachments

• aw826.jpg
    aw826.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 7,601
  • FashionWeek-front-row_(leftmost)-KIRKWOOD-lattice-pumps.jpg
    FashionWeek-front-row_(leftmost)-KIRKWOOD-lattice-pumps.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 7,569
  • nkirkwood2.jpg
    nkirkwood2.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 7,361