Nicholas Kirkwood - these shoes are TDF!!!!

Can anyone tell me about the sizing?

NK's so far are mostly true-to-size. Sizing is certainly not as chaotic as CL sizing lol, but there is a little bit of variation from style to style (no more than 1/2 a size of variation).

BTW any luck with those NK's? That style we'd discussed earlier is mostly true-to-size (for the smaller sizes and those with narrow feet) OR running a little narrow (for the bigger sizes). I think sizing up 1/2 a size would be good (unless you have narrow feet), but no more than 1/2 a size.

OMG I MUST OWN THIS PAIR!!!!!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool:

attachment.php

GET IN LINE, my friend lol!!! J/K! :P Seriously why is it that you and I always seem to be eyeing the exact same shoes, hahaha. Anyway, I'd been searching for that shoe too this past fall and still haven't found them. I know for sure the US stockists never bought it, so it's overseas searching from now on. Isn't that such a perfect design, in silhouette, proportions, the zsa-zsa-zsu factor.....everything.

I have to admit, however, that my only concern about those "suspended pearl" and "floating pearl" NK shoes is how the pearl is attached to the shoe. i.e. Is the pearl prone to falling out with a couple of wears (esp. on the dance floor)? Is it glued to the shoe? Or attached with some other reinforcement? I have yet to see or inspect this style IRL so I'm not sure how durable the pearl attachment is. The craftsmanship on past NK shoes I've collected has always been top-notch, so I hope it is the case for these pearl shoes as well. It would be devastating to see the pearls fall out after a couple of wears and then off to the cobbler then go.

NK's so far are mostly true-to-size. Sizing is certainly not as chaotic as CL sizing lol, but there is a little bit of variation from style to style (no more than 1/2 a size of variation).

BTW any luck with those NK's? That style we'd discussed earlier is mostly true-to-size (for the smaller sizes and those with narrow feet) OR running a little narrow (for the bigger sizes). I think sizing up 1/2 a size would be good (unless you have narrow feet), but no more than 1/2 a size.

Hm, sounds like I do need 1/2 size up then, as I have wide feet. Still trying...

I love Nickolas Kirkwood. I find them true to size. I bought my first pair a couple seasons ago from Jake from Chicago. I think Browns has the biggest (and best selection).

Hi Ladies,

I saw this thread yesterday and was admiring his shoes, and lone behold (did I spell that right?), I was walking through Nordstrom's in Costa Mesa, CA (South Coast Plaza mall) in the Shoe Salon (they have 3 stories of shoes, this is on the 2nd story), and voila- Nicholas Kirkwood shoes. They had maybe 6 or 7 pairs. More simple ones, none with the pearls.

I didn't buy any (way too expensive), but thought if you are interested, you know you can find them there too.

Here's a slingback version of the "floating pearls" platform, new for SS '09. Seven New York (http://sevennewyork.com/designers/nicholas-kirkwood) is slated to get this shoe which was also featured recently in Elle or Harper Bazaar.

attachment.php

It's an extension of the "suspended pearl" theme NK first introduced for shoes this past season:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I LOVE the first two pairs, they are 2D4! :heart: Has anyone seen them in San Francisco? If yes, where and how much?? Many thanks! :yes:

Last edited:
If the Shoe Fits...

Browns, Nicholas Kirkwood & Visionaire get down in Mayfair
Monday, February 23, 2009
(LONDON) A Mayfair mansion, a top London retailer, a pair of visionaries and some fabulous footwear were all on the menu Saturday evening at a soiree for Browns and cobbler Nicholas Kirkwood, hosted by Cecilia Dean and James Kaliardos and deejayed by the Misshapes and Lovefoxx. "Nicholas has really carved out a new silhouette for the shoe," explained Kaliardos. "He's very experimental and he's done something new with footwear, which I think most people aren't able to."
As for Kirkwood's inspiration this season, it's all about a "breaking apart." His creations certainly aren't breaking any feet though. As Dean (who paired the shoes he designed for Rodarte this season with her Margiela fur and vintage dress - next up, you'll see his handiwork on the Pollini runway), remarked: "He's amazing because his shoes are so comfortable," Dean smiled. "I wear these for eight hours and I forget I'm on a six-inch platform!"
JENNIFER BARTON

I love Niocholas Kirkwood! I have 2 pairs of his basic architectural Pump One in dark purple satin and the other in black batent. My girfriend has the black silk bootie. Whenever they are worn people stop and ask where we got them. Seven in New York carries them and always sell out. But guess what! Nordstroms is carrying them now. at 4 stores!!