Nicest Tux for a Prom

EG7

Nov 3, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a really nice tux for my school prom. My budget is about £500 (about $900) for the jacket and trousers. Any advice?

Thanks,
EG7.

When you're young, it's not worth buying a tux for a boy/man because he/you (sorry, not sure if the tux is your you, the OP) will probably not fit in the tux for long... just rent one.

Just rent a classic tux, avoid the powder blue and weird accessories though. He could also just wear a dark suit with a tux shirt and bowtie, a lot of men just do this now since many already own a nice dark suit which is better quality than the tux they were going to rent/buy.

Thanks for the advice guys, I am the one who will be wearing the tux by the way.

I guess you're right about renting a tux. I really want a D&G tuxedo, they have always been my favourite. However I think I'd be hard pushed to get one within £500. Anyone know of a shop where you can rent D&G tuxedos?

I was going to say rent one too. Since you're in the UK, have you heard of a place called Bicester Village? It's a retail outlet (I know there are others around the UK, like in Swindon, but I don't know anything about them) there are two D&G stores there, as well as other suit stores. Might be worth checking out for a bargin.

I also second DreamingBeauty: get a classic one!

When I went to my senior prom, almost every guy wore a red tux, purple, blue, yellow...you name it. With the matching accessories to boot! Looking back at the pictures now, they look ridiculous.

Just rent a nice classic one and you'll look great :tup:

I was going to say rent one too. Since you're in the UK, have you heard of a place called Bicester Village?
Wow thanks for the info, I've always wanted to find a good retail outlet in UK. I got a burberry trench for $200 in one in Florida :O. The only problem with that place is I won't be able to get there in time, as I live in South Wales. Do you know of any retail outlets near Wales?

Thanks.