nice, warm places to vacation... suggestions please!

azaelea

Aug 10, 2006
I'm trying to plan a vacation for my boyfriend, his parents, and me. We're looking to go for the first week of January (yea it's a bit late to start planning but hopefully there are still some places left). We're looking for somewhere warm, sunny, and stress free. I live in NJ so somewhere in the Carribean would be nice.

Does anyone have any suggestion? Best places you've been to?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

aruba is my favorite island ive ever been to (and ive been to many). the weather is basically guarenteed to be perfect all the time, the water by the hotels side of the island is warm CLEAN and great for snorkling. (but please wear a strong sunscreen, mine wasnt strong enough and i got SO burned on my back and legs [from said snorkling] it was hard to sit.) the people are friendly and the shoping is great! id move there if i could.

Best advice we ever got was to stay in a low rise hotel, the high-rises just arnt very 'arubian'. also the all inclusive packages are great, free food AND DRINKIES! it is very very worth it!

be smart and safe just as you would ANYwhere else and you'll have a great time. also the flight from NJ shouldnt be long at all, its really not that far away.

It really depends on what kind of vacation you are looking for.

If you want to just relax and lay on the beach all day, I'd go for an all-inclusive. My favorite all-inclusive is in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. The beachs and water are gorgeous and the weather is excellent but if you're looking for shopping and nightlife, this isn't a good option.

If you want a more active vacation, I'd go for a cruise to a few different places in the Carribean. Its also a good option for a group because you can do some things together, but also go your separate ways too. There are plenty of different activities, good food and fun nightlife. Some of my favorite cruise destinations are St. Thomas, Barbados and St. Maarten. Dominica is also gorgeous if you like outdoorsy hiking-type stuff.

Good luck planning your trip!