Nice surprise from Gucci.com

Jun 5, 2007
I pre-ordered a handbag from the 2012 Cruise line on Gucci.com a few months ago. The bag was shipped earlier than originally stated (always love when that happens) and it was gorgeous. Pics were posted in another thread. Today when I brought in the mail, there was a thick envelope from Gucci...................and I couldn't imagine what it could be. I do usually get catalog or magazine style books from various labels once or twice a year, mostly Louis Vuitton and Hermes, with the seasons collections but this envelope was heavier than most. Whe I opened it I was pleasantly surprised to find the Gucci 2012 Cruise Collection in a beautifully bound hardcover book.:biggrin: It's laid out like a picture book rather than a catalog, no descriptions or prices, just lovely photos. There are two seperate paper books, one with prices etc of each piece featured in the book and another with a litsing of all Gucci boutiques.
Too nice to just look at once and discard so it goes into the collection of designer coffee table boks I have. I would say that a hardcover catalog is a classy way to do business :smile:
I can only assume that it was sent because of the Cruise pre-order?

Attachments

• book%20003.JPG
    book%20003.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 836
  • book%20001.JPG
    book%20001.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 832
I've received their catalogues on and off the past couple of years and they are gorgeous - especially this past winter collection book. I keep them too (even the men's one) because they do look like beautiful hardcover photobooks instead of the regular looking catalogues. I also like the idea of including the description and pricing on separate booklet from the catalogue or it would be kind of tacky...lol...I have no idea how they decide who they send them to. My sister buys quite a bit of Gucci and she's on their mailing list but has never received any of these catalogues!

And congrats on your new purchase!

I have received them in the past 2 years, but i haven't received the 2012 collection yet either. And sometimes they send out card stating their pre-sale dates. I didn't get my card for the december sale too. I don't know what happened there.

They don't put the prices on the catalogue because they are made waaaaay in advance of the season, and usually the last thing to be agreed upon with currency fluctuations etc. It also means they can just send most customers a separate sheet with their own language/currency.

Gucci are not consistent, I seem to get Pre-fall, Holiday and Cruise but not always the main collections (A/W & S/S) Last year they kept sending me men's (although I have bought menswear too) Never mind Cruise, I want S/S :pout: :biggrin:

I have received them in the past 2 years, but i haven't received the 2012 collection yet either. And sometimes they send out card stating their pre-sale dates. I didn't get my card for the december sale too. I don't know what happened there.
I did get the card on the sale, so I really have no idea how they decide who they mail to....

Some of the others are inconsitent also, esp Hermes. I always get thier mens ties catalog (though I have never purchases anything from a mens line) and anything else is hit or miss. LV is the only one that seems to be regular

I only get the main collections catalogues but not the holidays one and sometimes the cruise collection. For awhile I was receiving the men's one as well but I've never purchased anything from the men's line.

I've never received a card for a sale which is strange.

I was surprised Gucci sent me the Cruise collection book which I received last week. I didn't expect it but it was definitely a nice surprise and love everything in there.