"Nice LV...."

ViCharm said:
So I was shopping at the mall today and I had my trusty mono 40 speedy.... And there were these two women, about my age (so about 19/20) and they had their speedies as well... However their LVs were in DA and DE prints and had a gold plate on it that says LOuis Vuitton blah blah... I sorta expected to be fake... But stayed quiet.. So anyway, I was at Urban Outfitters, at the cashier next to them and they kept glancing at me and my bag and then their bags and then started whispering... And then one of them said "nice, it's like ours! But yours has no plate...they all have plates.. So fake right. Omg ours are real. See the difference?" And she. Tried to feel my bag and I backed away.. So I pointed out the heatstamp and she said, " yeah, it should say LV because LV is for Louis, not HV( hv my initials and also she kept pronouncing it Louise) ... So I had every power to hold everything back.. What was awkward was the people ringing us up heard and so did people behind me... Ugh, I can't believe things like this actually happen... Okay vent session is out of my system now.... Thanks ladies and gents :biggrin:

I've been trying to keep in mind that so many people who carry fakes really do think that theyre real. Soon many fakes on eBay being sold as Authentic, and for hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. And just the other day a friend of mine sent me a link for a website selling lv and asked if it was real...it looked just like lv, everything was stated to be authentic, and the artsy she wanted as being sold at a discount for $300. If she didn't know me , she would have grabbed it and been out hundreds and thought that she just got a great deal on an authentic artsy!

So, when I see people flaunting their fakes proudly I have to wonder if they are actually victims of scams and fraud and not just posers.

oh no! i think i would have been so flabbergasted that i would have just stood in shock, at least for a moment. i don't know if i would have laughed at that point or just asked them at which lv boutique they purchased their lovely bags? my dh always says, in situations this bizarre, " if you have to explain it, you're wasting your time". in some instances, this happens to be true, lol

I know, I never make hateful comments about other people's bags either! If I love it, I'll give a compliment. If I dislike it or if I can tell that it's fake, I don't mention it at all.
If someone tried to imply that my authentic bags or SLG's are fake, I see nothing wrong with promptly correcting that person in a precise, calm manner.
You're right, those girls really embarrassed themselves, because I'll bet the other people who heard their comments were probably thinking "wow, those two girls are shallow, conceited brats", which is not a cute way to act in public, or anywhere else for that matter.
You know your bags are real....so just keep on steppin' and enjoy carrying them! ;)
My thoughts exactly!

trumanfinn said:
I've been trying to keep in mind that so many people who carry fakes really do think that theyre real. Soon many fakes on eBay being sold as Authentic, and for hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars. And just the other day a friend of mine sent me a link for a website selling lv and asked if it was real...it looked just like lv, everything was stated to be authentic, and the artsy she wanted as being sold at a discount for $300. If she didn't know me , she would have grabbed it and been out hundreds and thought that she just got a great deal on an authentic artsy!

So, when I see people flaunting their fakes proudly I have to wonder if they are actually victims of scams and fraud and not just posers.

True. A different way to think about it.

LOLOLOL!!! I wish I could have been standing in line behind you, that is just too funny! How can you possibly try to call someone out for not having an authentic bag knowing there's no way you got your bootleg bag from LV??? SERIOUSLY!!!

I'm laughing about how foolish and tacky they made themselves look. To think someone's bag is fake is one thing, to actually POINT IT OUT is so rude; especially if you're wrong! I agree that you handled the situation with tact & grace (I never would have been able to do that :P)