Nice Brands (especially wallets) in Paris & Brussels?

ioet

Jul 29, 2007
Hi all,

I'm taking a trip to Paris and Brussels this winter and am on the look out for a new wallet. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for specific brands I could take a look at that are lesser-known in the States. I'm specifically looking for a long leather wallet (~100 euro).. and maybe a new bag too :biggrin:

I know in Italy there are go-to brands like Francesco Biasia that we don't really hear about in the US -- what about France & Belgium?

I don't really know Gerard Darel too well. But when I lived in Paris I bought a nice wallet in a Giorgio Fedon boutique. It was on Opera.
Also you HAVE to go to Sonia Rykiel. I looove her bags. I don't think she is that well know outside of France. She has a store on Saint Germain, across the street from Cafe Flore. There's also Comptoir des Cotonniers who make cute leather bags. And take a look in Repetto as well. They're know for their shoes. Hardly anybody knows they make bags but they do. They have wallets too and adorable pochettes. You should go see. They have a big store on Opera, near place vendome.
All the stores I mentionned are in Paris ;)

I bought a Gerard Darel in Paris recently. I love it. It is really a nice bag and cheaper than in the US, especially w/ the tax rebate.

Comptoir does have some cute things at decent prices. They have stores all over Paris, it seems. If you go to Galleries Lafayette or BHV, you will find some smaller brands too. BHV had lots of sale stuff, whereas Galleries didn't really last month. What about Vanessa Bruno as well? There are a lot of stores in St. Germain too that you'll come across, check out the window displays for what catches your eye!