Travel Niagara Falls -- USA Side

alatrop

O.G.
May 2, 2006
Hello, all!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Niagara Falls in July. We already found a hotel (we get a huge discount, we have a lot of bank points to use!) :biggrin: I am looking for places to eat and things to do....our hotel is in Buffalo.

We will be there for 3 days, 2 nights.

Where are you from? What kind of an experience are you looking for? Where in Buffalo are you staying? I live in Buffalo & can try to answer any questions you have. There is much more to see & do in Bflo than in NF. After seeing the falls & hitting the outlet stores. There's a new Bflo waterfront with river kayaking, many outdoor concerts & festivals, several
Gardenwalks, AAA baseball right downtown, lots of non-chain restaurants & more than one Frank Lloyd Wright house to see!

I hate to say this, because it's not as easy to cross over to Canada now (do you have a passport?) but the Canadian side has a better view of the Falls and there's a lot more to do. On the American side, you have to look to the left to see part of the Falls, but on the Canadian side you can see the full view, and as others have said, there's many more restaurants and shops on the Canadian side.