Next trends in the Hèrmes Package!!

There are not many boxes in the world that can inspire a reaction like the "orange box".
Many hearts skip a beat at their sight! I, for one, treasure the boxes also as they are beautifully made in France and herald the fabulous item inside! Love the ribbon, felt
bag, and even appreciate the way the tissue is molded for the item inside. Not many
things done today with such care. I surely hope they would not change any of the
packaging.

no no no no no ,im happy to say that when i read this i well went a bit crazy called my source and found that it as impossible for hermes to change its packaging bound by law after emile as is the exlibris by the way ,he also did say that the fact that the image has been slowly polished with the change of the logo from hermes paris 24 fabourg saint honore to the current hermes paris and thats it . so i do belive they keep it in mind but herems orange and sellier ribbon will never go i belive this because hermes is and will allways be boxy and orange !

Did Hermes even use boxes such as the ones we see today in the days of Emille? I doubt it personally, especially as they didn't make small leather goods like the ones we see today.

Also the packaging wasn't orange in the days of Emille Hermes.

i well went a bit crazy called my source and found that it as impossible for hermes to change its packaging bound by law after emile as is the exlibris by the way ,he also did say that the fact that the image has been slowly polished with the change of the logo from hermes paris 24 fabourg saint honore to the current hermes paris and thats it .

Did Hermes even use boxes such as the ones we see today in the days of Emille? I doubt it personally, especially as they didn't make small leather goods like the ones we see today.

Also the packaging wasn't orange in the days of Emille Hermes.

I remember reading somewhere that the orange box didn't come about until WWI or WWII when most cardboard had gone towards the war effort and all that was left that Hermes could find was a loud orange cardboard. Who knew that it would become Hermes's signature.

To answer the OP's question. I certainly wouldn't want the packaging to change either. The box and its vibrant color are very iconic.

Dear Patricia LV,

Quite frankly if you are trying to suggest that Hermes packaging might be something to worry/study about , either you know nothing about luxury branding, or you don't know Hermes at all ?

In both cases I suggest that you urgently :
1- update your knowledge about Hermes
2- pick a new study topic in the meantime

Yours sincerly.

Thanks Perlerare to iluminate us with your knowledge and show your experience with Hèrmes in that detailed manner.
And as i suggest in my first post, i am looking for your opinion related to Hèrmes.
Anyway, thanks for your constructive suggestion.
sincerely,
Patricia

Hello madammes and monsieurs

Im a French student in a prestigious Business School in France,following a MBA and engaged in a project with a group of international student from all around the world concerning the next trends for Hèrmes Packaging.

We find really interesting the packaging uses in the personal daily costumer life, and we strongly believe that these uses(and others to create) could become a challenge for the future of Hèrmes concerning its packaging.

Therefore my question should be, What would you expect for the near future in Hèrmes Packaging?

Sincerely yours,
Patricia

Don't really know what you are trying to ask, if you could put your question in context you would get better answers. Is english your first language? If you could rephrase that you would get more participants in this thread.

For Hermes packaging wise, I don't see how it would be a challenge for the future of Hermes... it's doing well now. Are you trying to also ask if customers store the packaging, like the shopping bags, ribbons and boxes, and use it in their daily life?

justincredible, the hermes orange as the actual representative of the house was established together with the ex-libris during the days of emile. it came bacause of the color of the under manttone on the saddle, or the quilted saddle pad was made in orange for the evistiture of the guard horses in the netherlands.(royal court). hermes protected the shade and was later brought it in as the institunal color for the packaging so hystorically the protection to orange being the representative color of hermes does date back to emile and is protected by the patent and propiete intelectualle department of france !. i hope all my spelling is correct

Sorry, but this is not accurate. Hermes packaging was initially cream/beige, a similar shade to pigskin.

justincredible, the hermes orange as the actual representative of the house was established together with the ex-libris during the days of emile. it came bacause of the color of the under manttone on the saddle, or the quilted saddle pad was made in orange for the evistiture of the guard horses in the netherlands.(royal court). hermes protected the shade and was later brought it in as the institunal color for the packaging so hystorically the protection to orange being the representative color of hermes does date back to emile and is protected by the patent and propiete intelectualle department of france !. i hope all my spelling is correct

Dear Patricia LV,

Quite frankly if you are trying to suggest that Hermes packaging might be something to worry/study about , either you know nothing about luxury branding, or you don't know Hermes at all ?

In both cases I suggest that you urgently :
1- update your knowledge about Hermes
2- pick a new study topic in the meantime

Yours sincerly.
:lolots::lolots: perlerare great start to my day!

Sorry, but this is not accurate. Hermes packaging was initially cream/beige, a similar shade to pigskin.

According to the Hermes site, JustinCredible is correct.
The Hermes orange box is a legend and, as such, its origins remain a mystery. The first boxes, made to package new objects, small leather goods, travel bags and clothing, are cream coloured with gold lining along the edges, then beige with brown lining. World War Two breaks out, bringing rations and shortages. The paper-box maker runs out of stock. According to an early version of the story, the maker still had some plain orange paper left. Until then, this paper had not been very popular. Hermes turns this to its advantage, using up the entire stock.

After the war ends, Hermes seizes upon this colour and proves to be a visionary. Although, in the collective unconscious of the West, orange bears the mark of infamy, and is considered a sub-colour, like purple and brown, on the other side of the world, in the Far East, it is the symbol of serenity, wisdom, balance and joie de vivre all wrapped up in one. For a long time in France, orange did not have a name. It was nothing but a blend, banished by the Bible, condemned by the Inquisition. Yet only a few centuries earlier, the Muses' dresses in Greek mythology were orange...Anyway, Hermes was determined to be a pioneer. When the managers of the House were asked "Why orange?" sixty years ago, the proudly answered, "Because it sets us apart!" Times have changed...

Another version of the story shows a certain logic (if it was so rare for people to use the colour orange for their packaging, then why would suppliers keep producing it?), seeing in the choice of orange the exact opposite of a makeshift solution. The packing was meant to resemble as closely as possible, through its grain and bright hue, the pig skin and other types of leather used to craft Hermes objects...

Eventually logic, fiction and symbol are all reconciled by chance. Hermes owes it plenary and definitive deecision to adopt the colour orange to its clients alone. Upon leaving one of their weekly business luches in the 1960s, the three cousins of the upcoming generation, Bertrand Puech, Jean-Louis Dumas and Patrick Guerrand, noticed Hermes clients in the midst of a crowd of thousands, recognising them from afar thanks to their vibrant orange bags..."We absolutely must keep that colour!" they agreed. And a simple color sets the tone...

(from the hermes site_