Next trends in the Hèrmes Package!!

Hello madammes and monsieurs

Im a French student in a prestigious Business School in France,following a MBA and engaged in a project with a group of international student from all around the world concerning the next trends for Hèrmes Packaging.

We find really interesting the packaging uses in the personal daily costumer life, and we strongly believe that these uses(and others to create) could become a challenge for the future of Hèrmes concerning its packaging.

Therefore my question should be, What would you expect for the near future in Hèrmes Packaging?

Sincerely yours,
Patricia

Well, the So Black where the box, tissue, hardware, etc are all black. I guess that is a one off trend. I don't imagine H would change their packaging from their current state. The colors and ribbon are so very distinct, that you see other french houses, be it food, or clothing, try to mimic H style and appeal to that same customer base.

People collect their boxes and ribbons too! I for one hope they do not change a thing.

Where you do see the most changes are in their perfume packaging. That would be the only area where I can see some liberties.

it's more of in depth questioning and links to surveys that we shut down. :yes:
OP didn't mention this is for a paper, research, etc. . . just a discussion they had that made them wonder.

it's more of in depth questioning and links to surveys that we shut down. :yes:
OP didn't mention this is for a paper, research, etc. . . just a discussion they had that made them wonder.

I guess we're reading this differently: "Im a French student in a prestigious Business School in France,following a MBA and engaged in a project with a group of international student from all around the world concerning the next trends for Hèrmes Packaging."

I guess we're reading this differently: "Im a French student in a prestigious Business School in France,following a MBA and engaged in a project with a group of international student from all around the world concerning the next trends for Hèrmes Packaging."

Right Jelly. I see where you are headed. Need to read in between the words.

Are we really going to argue about a few words? Good grief, LOL!
Things are reported, gets reviewed and the Hermes Mods choose to close or not to close it. . .
moving right along.

Last edited:
First of all thanks

I agree with Hermes Monkey that Hermes have created a trend in the way to present their package, and today is one of the most envied luxury brands for their stylish and novelty. As well as the loyalty of their customers. But i think i didn´t express myself when i propose the idea to include in the package some decoration details to be adapted to the house needs. Complement but no change...

i am very happy with the current packaging particularly with the changes in ribbon to reflect the theme every year. i think H is unique in the luxury business to do that and it is consistent in its packaging across all product lines as far as I can tell (buy) from RTW, Jewelry, leather goods and etc.

the only recent change that i can think of which is nice is the packaging of the belt. it is a minor tweak but a nice change.

i am not EXPECTING anything but if H chooses to up the ante and come up with something else, I am sure that I will be pleasantly surprised.

The "orange box" have already become Hermes signature, just like the teal Tiffany box, or the red Cartier box. It's become part of the whole product and the characteristics of box themselves have became objects of desire. I think most Hermes customers would like the packaging to stay that way design-wise.

I know there is a push in France for more environmental friendly packaging in luxury products, but Hermes packaging for most of it's goods are relatively simple already. For example, a bag comes in cardboard box, tissue paper, felt protector, dust bags with absolute minimal plastic. Same for it's leather goods.