Next shipment for Chanel Jumbo in June or July???

ChaneLVfan

Mar 4, 2012
Hi everyone,

I e-mailed Penney from Hirshleifers and Anthony Costello from Bergdorf Goodman, and both of them said their next shipment for the Classics will be in June or July? Is that really the normal wait time for it? Should I pay the 50 % downpayment and have it special ordered from Hirshleifers?? or should I just keep on looking at other stores? I am looking for the Black Jumbo Caviar in Gold hardware and I know that's really hard to find.

Please help. :crybaby::cry::sad:

Why don't you try calling Nordstrom, Saks, Neiman Marcus, and Bloomingdale's and ask them to check their systems for this bag (or you could email a good SA from the thread on good SAs)? Then you will know if it's out there, other than in the Chanel Boutiques. You could also have Chanel search, but they won't mail classics.

If you can't find it anywhere, then order it, as you will save on the price increase if you order with Penny and pay the 50% down, and you will know you will get a brand new bag. Win/win! Plus, no tax since you are in Florida, so triple win!

Thanks ladies! That's what I thought too. If I paid the 50% downpayment now then maybe when it comes in on June or July then I won't have to pay for the increased price.

I guess I'm just really going to wait. I know this bag is so hard to find since its a classic. There's a lot of good reviews of Penney so I guess I'll just have to trust her.

And gotta love the no tax too! :smile:

Thanks ladies! That's what I thought too. If I paid the 50% downpayment now then maybe when it comes in on June or July then I won't have to pay for the increased price.

I guess I'm just really going to wait. I know this bag is so hard to find since its a classic. There's a lot of good reviews of Penney so I guess I'll just have to trust her.

And gotta love the no tax too! :smile:

You can completely trust her, as she works for a large department store, and you will have proof of your order; it's not like you are ordering from some unknown online entity. You will not have to pay any increase in price that happens from when you put down your deposit, and you won't pay tax since you are not in NJ.

"HIRSHLEIFERS is one of the country's most celebrated specialty stores, a fifth generation owned and operated family enterprise that, for over one century, has served as a destination for the purchase of exclusive European and American couture clothing and accessories" (from their website).

ETA: Many of us have ordered from Penny, and the wait for me was much shorter than quoted. I think they give you the outside figure, so you are happily surprised when it comes in sooner. You also get a brand new bag, not touched by anyone else when you pre-order from her. They totally inspect the bag (you get the inspection form) for everything, then they pack it immaculately. I was very happy with my order and plan to do many more with her. :smile:

Last edited:
I bought my Jumbo classic through Hirshleifers and they warned me of the wait as well. Fortunately though, the shipment came in way earlier than planned and I ended up only waiting about 1 month (and was told I'd be waiting another 3 months longer than it really was). I definitely think the wait is worth it to lock in the current price!

You can completely trust her, as she works for a large department store, and you will have proof of your order; it's not like you are ordering from some unknown online entity. You will not have to pay any increase in price that happens from when you put down your deposit, and you won't pay tax since you are not in NJ.

"HIRSHLEIFERS is one of the country's most celebrated specialty stores, a fifth generation owned and operated family enterprise that, for over one century, has served as a destination for the purchase of exclusive European and American couture clothing and accessories" (from their website).

ETA: Many of us have ordered from Penny, and the wait for me was much shorter than quoted. I think they give you the outside figure, so you are happily surprised when it comes in sooner. You also get a brand new bag, not touched by anyone else when you pre-order from her. They totally inspect the bag (you get the inspection form) for everything, then they pack it immaculately. I was very happy with my order and plan to do many more with her. :smile:

Thank you so much for the assurance! I'll put the downpayment now :smile:

I bought my Jumbo classic through Hirshleifers and they warned me of the wait as well. Fortunately though, the shipment came in way earlier than planned and I ended up only waiting about 1 month (and was told I'd be waiting another 3 months longer than it really was). I definitely think the wait is worth it to lock in the current price!

Thank you. I'm so excited to get mine :smile:

Thank you. I'm so excited to get mine :smile:

Yay! You will be so happy when that Hirsh box comes to your door! Penny is super sweet and keeps you informed of what's going on. I met the truck driver at his truck; he wasn't even out of his seat yet when mine came lol. I'm like a kid with packages! :smile:

Yay! You will be so happy when that Hirsh box comes to your door! Penny is super sweet and keeps you informed of what's going on. I met the truck driver at his truck; he wasn't even out of his seat yet when mine came lol. I'm like a kid with packages! :smile:

haha really??? That's too funny! I might do the same thing when mine comes in! Lol I hope I won't have to wait that long.

haha really??? That's too funny! I might do the same thing when mine comes in! Lol I hope I won't have to wait that long.

Honestly, I really did. He was kinda dumbfounded and said people don't usually meet him at his truck. I was outside and heard a truck sound around the corner and said, "that's my Chanel" and waited for him to come and met him right there. :smile: I know they give a long window (I've had UPS come after 7pm before) but luckily that day he came much earlier! Happy, happy, joy, joy! I hope your wait is not too long!

Honestly, I really did. He was kinda dumbfounded and said people don't usually meet him at his truck. I was outside and heard a truck sound around the corner and said, "that's my Chanel" and waited for him to come and met him right there. :smile: I know they give a long window (I've had UPS come after 7pm before) but luckily that day he came much earlier! Happy, happy, joy, joy! I hope your wait is not too long!

Thank you so much! And the waiting begins...

Hi everyone,

I e-mailed Penney from Hirshleifers and Anthony Costello from Bergdorf Goodman, and both of them said their next shipment for the Classics will be in June or July? Is that really the normal wait time for it? Should I pay the 50 % downpayment and have it special ordered from Hirshleifers?? or should I just keep on looking at other stores? I am looking for the Black Jumbo Caviar in Gold hardware and I know that's really hard to find.

Please help. :crybaby::cry::sad:

Can I get her contact info? Looking for m/l lamb in GHW.