Next Saks promo?

authenticplease

O.G.
Jul 31, 2008
In My Own Little World
Don't feel bad about the one you just missed.....it was nothing to get excited about! I'm holding out for a promotion similar to the spring handbag promo of a $400.ECG with $1000. purchase.

serena11

Jul 4, 2007
EGC stands for Electronic Gift Card. It is a promotion that Saks Fifth Avenue has every now and then where you get a gift card for spending different amounts of money on a given day. you do not have to be a Saks card holder to get the EGC. The double points event coming up is one where you have to be a cardholder-- you just get twice the points for your purchases during that time (so if you spend $10, instead of getting the normal 10 points you get $20). I hope this helps- if you run a search you can see the different gift card amounts you get for different levels of spending.

NicolesCloset

sassy mama!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
in a happy place!
So this is in OCtober? What is the max to spend. So if I buy TB shoes for 235 I will get 94 dollars? Is that how it is? And when do I get this gift card? In the mail? Through email? Tell me please.

serena11

Jul 4, 2007
Ok- so I don't want to add to the confusion but the promotion of the $400 giftcard for spending $1000 was a one time deal that Saks did this past spring- it's not an event that is guaranteed to occur again and here's how it worked: if you spent a total $1000 or more in handbags and you purchased at least 2 handbags you got $400 back as a giftcard to spend in the store. This handbag promotion is not part of the normal EGC events that saks holds throughout the year.

The regular EGC events work that if you spend at least $250 total in the store on the event day, you get back a gift card. Ex- at the lowest $250 level you get a $25 giftcard. If you run a search, you will find threads that have the total EGC levels typed out.

I hope this makes sense.:rolleyes: