Next Purchase: Alex Woo Little Letters Necklace?

I am considering the little monkey charm as my sisters Mother's Day gift. I'm not sure if shell wear it enough or if my nephew will yank it off her neck.

I am considering the little monkey charm as my sisters Mother's Day gift. I'm not sure if shell wear it enough or if my nephew will yank it off her neck.

I'm sure the Little Monkey would be adorable!! And, obviously, you seem to have the same concern I'm facing...

Peacefulmommy, Will you be buying the gold, silver or diamond version?

I'm looking at the gold right now. :smile: I don't wear white metals, and the diamond is out of budget.

If I were you I would stop wearing gold chain necklace for a while until he passes this. Unless you wear a super thick and heavy chain (around 40g), but your neck will be hurt if he yank (for sure). Silk cord seems a comfy option though, and cheaper.

I'm really sorry that happened with your other necklace. What a shame.

I don't know, it sounds like he's really into playing with your necklaces so there's no guarantee this won't happen again. I would hate to see you buy another piece only to have it break again so quickly. It's just so costly to do that.

If I were you I would stop wearing gold chain necklace for a while until he passes this. Unless you wear a super thick and heavy chain (around 40g), but your neck will be hurt if he yank (for sure). Silk cord seems a comfy option though, and cheaper.

I do agree that if this continues, I may need to stop wearing a necklace at all until he's past this stage. I was hoping that he would stop, or that he would start to listen when I tell him not to pull... Instead, he thinks that it's a game the minute I tell him "No".

Unfortunately for me, I've been wearing a necklace non-stop since I was 7 or 8 years old... so going without a chain is not something I'm accustomed to!

I have a Love Rocks NY letter, I found the style of the Alex Woo a little younger to me.

I LOVE the chain that Love Rocks NY uses, but I don't think bead chains are known to be the strongest.

I have a Love Rocks NY letter, I found the style of the Alex Woo a little younger to me.

I LOVE the chain that Love Rocks NY uses, but I don't think bead chains are known to be the strongest.

I LOVE Love Rocks NY! I don't own any of their pieces... I used to a few years ago, but my little sister (now 19) had a habit of visiting and filling her suitcase with things from my closet and, well, yeah... She's currently sporting my Love Rocks NY ring at college and has my $600 alpaca wool throw blanket, in addition to about half of my pre-pregnancy wardrobe. :giggles:

Sadly, I'm thinking that I like the Alex Woo version of the letter better (but only because I'm looking for a piece without diamonds). Both have a bead chain.

Still.. I love so many LoveRocksNY designs on their website. Especially the elephant necklace!

Yup! Just got it and now I'll be taking it for repair before putting it away...

Thank you for the pictures! Would it be possible to photograph the back of the letter, too, please? I'd love to see how it connects to the chain.

I've heard that ball chains tend to break on the links between the balls... But it does seem to have a sturdy clasp.

I wish Alex Woo sold the letters separately! I'd love to put the letter on a nice, thick box chain. I feel dumb going to my jeweler for more custom work so soon after getting the last necklace. Broken in only 5 days!! He'll LOVE that.

The chain actually goes through the letter. On my version the letter does not come off the chain but I have heard that in the newer versions the loop on the chain is smaller so that it can be slipped over it (to add more charms). Here is an up close pic of the opening and a mod shot. Hope it helps!

Attachments

• image-2165517408.jpg
    image-2165517408.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 911
  • image-343714516.jpg
    image-343714516.jpg
    453.9 KB · Views: 1,048
Hello ;)
Has anyone got the Alex Woo Little Letters M?
I'm thinking of purchasing one but would just like some photos of it IRL before making my decision.
Also as you can see I'm in Australia so I'd have to shop online at either Amazon.com or directly from Alex Woo. Has anyone international done this to buy Alex Woo? Just after some feedback!
TIA xMMx

I bought a Alex Woo little number but ended up returning it. I really liked the pendant, but recall thinking that the chain was too delicate. I often forget to take my jewelery off before bed so anything I buy needs to be strong enought to sleep in and I was worried about the chain being able to withstand my sleeping.

Hope this helps.

I bought a Alex Woo little number but ended up returning it. I really liked the pendant, but recall thinking that the chain was too delicate. I often forget to take my jewelery off before bed so anything I buy needs to be strong enought to sleep in and I was worried about the chain being able to withstand my sleeping.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, any feedback is a great help in making my decision! Thanks for taking the time to reply xMMx

Hope this helps.
Oh & could another chain be used or wouldn't it come off the chain it's on? xMMx