Next price increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard the same thing and that it will be another big one, around 22 percent. HOLY COW MANURE!!! It was said that Europe has already been hit, so if anyone can confirm this, please chime in. I asked what about if you're waitlisted and the price increase happens before the bag is received and shipped, what happens? (I think I know but I had to ask.) The answer was if it's a department store, they think it would be hard pressed for them not to honor the quoted price. Who knows about the boutiques or for that matter what the reality would truly be. I am waitlisted for one bag and that's it, done, kaput, fini, zilch, zero, done.

i swear when my collection is completed, i will be done with Chanel! well maybe not done but a bag or 2 per year. 22% .. wait a minute does that mean the jumbo is going to be 3125?? comparing when it used to me 1650 makes me sad =(. These prices are RIDICULOUS!

i swear when my collection is completed, i will be done with Chanel! well maybe not done but a bag or 2 per year. 22% .. wait a minute does that mean the jumbo is going to be 3125?? comparing when it used to me 1650 makes me sad =(. These prices are RIDICULOUS!

Yep, my SA said Chanel wants the classic bags to start around $3,000.

Yeah, and I want the stock market to go back up and the price of gas to go down. We all have our dreams.

Was speaking with an SA today and she was describing a gorgeous clutch; it's turquoise. When I asked the price -- over $3K. I laughed. I asked how are those coco croc's selling. They're not -- shocker!!

Chanel, if you're reading this forum -- take note. We're headed into a recession, so go ahead and shoot yourself wherever you feel like pointing your pistol. At such prices, consider backing off the production numbers. The U.S. market is sinking with each passing day, capice?

Phew, I feel better now :smile:

Design houses & retailers loathe the hoarding and reselling of their luxury goods. And I predict they will continue to raise prices as often as they'd like to keep their merchandise out of the hands of the resellers and the gray market. It is my personal belief that Chanel is trying to regain some semblance of control over their goods and the resellers who are buying up all their stock and selling it for a profit. Why wouldn't Chanel want to compete with the greedy tactics of the resellers?

This has gotten so out of hand. Also, it's not a matter of "if" the bag bubble will burst, but when.

I am reminded of the recent lawsuit filed against www.stubhub.com They scalp tickets. It's a grassroots campaign by one woman against the resellers. Of course one has to litigate to affect any change. I, for one, am rooting for the plaintiff.

When will the insanity end?

that'll explain why the two reissues i ordered from paris today were £ 25 (approx $50) more expensive than the ones in the uk ~ got frustrated with not being able to get my 225's in london ~ it's a bit much another price increase so soon after the last one! :yucky:

As long as Chanel's bags "continue to fly off the shelves", because there is a network of resellers hoarding all the stock to sell for a profit on the online auction websites, they WILL continue to raise prices ad infinitum.

Chanel has proven they're willing to do whatever is necessary to keep their merchandise out of the hands of the resellers and the gray market.

hi! ~ this is interesting ~ personally i just wouldn't buy from these people ~ especially as they charge way over retail & there is usually very little comeback if anything goes wrong

I am sad. :sad: Guess I may have to retreat back into loving LV. 22% increase is way too much. Especially in these hard economic times. Can a anyone tell me the increase months and percentages that occured in 2007 (i.e., November '07 by 15%) , and whether it affects the whole line or just a few items? THANKS!

I must be slow or something, but how does the price increase stop resellers? Doesn't it it actually help the resellers? If the resellers know about the impending price increase, and they buy all the bags they can, and the Chanel increase their prices, and then resellers now can sell the bags at the new higher prices. That benefits them, no?

Also, I don't understand how the resellers are "greedy?" If they're not crazy purse lovers/addicts like we are, then they're in the business to make profits. That is capitalism. If that makes them greedy, then I guess we're all greedy since we would want to make as much $ as we can in whatever job/career we're in, no? I, for one won't turn down the $ if I get a salary increase at work. LOL.

Sorry, to hijack the thread from the OP. I have not heard of any price increases except for fine jewelry, so I'm still hoping that it is not true!

Design houses & retailers loathe the hoarding and reselling of their luxury goods. And I predict they will continue to raise prices as often as they'd like to keep their merchandise out of the hands of the resellers and the gray market. It is my personal belief that Chanel is trying to regain some semblance of control over their goods and the resellers who are buying up all their stock and selling it for a profit. Why wouldn't Chanel want to compete with the greedy tactics of the resellers?

This has gotten so out of hand. Also, it's not a matter of "if" the bag bubble will burst, but when.

I am reminded of the recent lawsuit filed against www.stubhub.com They scalp tickets. It's a grassroots campaign by one woman against the resellers. Of course one has to litigate to affect any change. I, for one, am rooting for the plaintiff.

When will the insanity end?.

Status
Not open for further replies.