Next LV purchase: Mono Speedy 35 or Galliera PM?

psaseattle

PNW Hermes-aholic
O.G.
Apr 4, 2008
Hi everyone :smile:
Am new to LV but have caught the "fever"! Recently bought a BH and am really enjoying its practicality for me - I have a 2 year old and like/need the open tote style for packing a ton of stuff that's easy to reach. The LV fever has me wanting to get another LV purse, but am having trouble deciding between a Speedy 35 or a Galliera PM. Although I love many LV purses, the reality is that I personally tend to wear more "nice casual", then "dressy" anymore and these two bags seem both casual, classic, and big enough for me. I don't have any Speedies and think it would be great to add that early to my collection. However, the Galliera is really really pretty....I know we're talking hand bag vs shoulder bag too....

Any help from you experienced LV collectors would be awesome. Thanks!;)

galleiera PM hands down!!!!

congrats on your new BH!!!! and welcome to tPF! :flowers::heart:

i have a 2yr old too ---- but i hardly ever carry my speedies anymore (i have cherry one and white MC....also Manhatta PM....and other handheld bags) and they are ALL sleeping in my closet!!!! they are not so practical (to chase my little one or hold her!!) --- i got my new Galliera last week and it is such a beautiful bag!!!

Absolutely Galleria PM of the two you mentioned. There is quite a difference in price between these two as well.

You might also check out the Neverfull MM and the Montorgueil GM - I have them both and love them a lot!

Galliera PM seems more practical & functional, as its a shoulder-bag. And it sure can contain tons of things (baby stuff, cardigan) and hands-free while you shop or carry your little ones.

thanks for the advice! my dilemma....do you feel you will get a lot of use out of your galliera? i sometimes wonder if the bag's "presence" is too overwhelming for every day use? i definitely hear you on the speedies being challenging to hold AND run around after a little one...that is my big worry about them fitting into my life now. i think i have a nostalgic love for them - i had one years and years and years ago.