Next LV Bag - Cannes, LockMe BB or boite chapeau soupple

minami

Jenn
O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Hi everyone!

My last two bag purchases were Chanel and recently I've been tempted to make my next bag from LV again haha

I seem to like the cute shapes LV has been coming out with and would really love if I could get some opinions here :smile:

Cannes - very unique but looks like it's hard to unzip when I'm out and about and seems more limited in use
LockMe BB - the most 'regular' bag of all- I like that the LV logo is small and I like how the chains can be used single strap or doubled (like chanel flaps) and also I love the backpocket (also like Chanel lol)
Boite chapeau soupple - sooo cute the hat box and I love the tag in the middle which is a great accent, if I get this I might get the empreinte in black actually

In terms of usage, I don't plan to use these for work work but maybe on Fridays or on days when I don't have client meetings (maybe not the Cannes lol)- we pretty much have smart casual dress codes..

Thanks in advance!! :heart:

I have cannes (giant mono) and BCS (mono). BCS is a lot more practical, so I use it more often. Cannes is more unique, so even though I use it rarely, I don't see myself letting it go anytime soon. I organize my items into pouches. BCS and Cannes hold the same amount for me. Both bags fit a little more than my Favorite MM, so they don't really fit a lot. If you're familiar with the Chanel CC Filigree Vanity Case, both bags carry the same exact amount as the medium size.

I don't have a problem with cannes's zipper. My giant egg is a A LOT harder to zip closed when I'm out. Keep in mind that the BCS zipper will touch you as you put your hand in and out. It's not sharp enough to scratch you and leave marks, but some people don't like the feeling. I favor "unique" bags with somewhat cumbersome zippers, so my idea on "acceptable" and "easy" zippers is different than most people's.

Cannes comes in vernis and epi, which lends the bag a more formal look that could work with smart casual. Because my cannes is in giant mono, I reserve it for when I dress up. Giant mono cannes isn't as in your face, so it carries with dressier clothes a lot better than reverse mono imo. Cannes also existed in the 80s in epi, I believe, so it's a "classic" in a way. Hat boxes, like the boite chapeau bags, are older classic styles. Either bag will suit more conservative dress, especially when top handle, it's just a matter of the material.

I have cannes (giant mono) and BCS (mono). BCS is a lot more practical, so I use it more often. Cannes is more unique, so even though I use it rarely, I don't see myself letting it go anytime soon. I organize my items into pouches. BCS and Cannes hold the same amount for me. Both bags fit a little more than my Favorite MM, so they don't really fit a lot. If you're familiar with the Chanel CC Filigree Vanity Case, both bags carry the same exact amount as the medium size.

I don't have a problem with cannes's zipper. My giant egg is a A LOT harder to zip closed when I'm out. Keep in mind that the BCS zipper will touch you as you put your hand in and out. It's not sharp enough to scratch you and leave marks, but some people don't like the feeling. I favor "unique" bags with somewhat cumbersome zippers, so my idea on "acceptable" and "easy" zippers is different than most people's.

Cannes comes in vernis and epi, which lends the bag a more formal look that could work with smart casual. Because my cannes is in giant mono, I reserve it for when I dress up. Giant mono cannes isn't as in your face, so it carries with dressier clothes a lot better than reverse mono imo. Cannes also existed in the 80s in epi, I believe, so it's a "classic" in a way. Hat boxes, like the boite chapeau bags, are older classic styles. Either bag will suit more conservative dress, especially when top handle, it's just a matter of the material.
Thanks so much for the detailed feedback! I will go try them out soon in the store though mylockme seems to be ‘safer’

I have the Epi Black Cannes and the BCS in Monogram and one special edition (its white with a diagonal stripe) Boite Chapeau Souple. I've been using the Cannes a lot lately - it holds more than you'd think, but the BCS definitely has more room. I do not have the Lockme - don't really like Flap bags much, but it is a lovely bag.

Reactions: minami
Hi everyone!

My last two bag purchases were Chanel and recently I've been tempted to make my next bag from LV again haha

I seem to like the cute shapes LV has been coming out with and would really love if I could get some opinions here :smile:

Cannes - very unique but looks like it's hard to unzip when I'm out and about and seems more limited in use
LockMe BB - the most 'regular' bag of all- I like that the LV logo is small and I like how the chains can be used single strap or doubled (like chanel flaps) and also I love the backpocket (also like Chanel lol)
Boite chapeau soupple - sooo cute the hat box and I love the tag in the middle which is a great accent, if I get this I might get the empreinte in black actually

In terms of usage, I don't plan to use these for work work but maybe on Fridays or on days when I don't have client meetings (maybe not the Cannes lol)- we pretty much have smart casual dress codes..

Thanks in advance!! :heart:
I have the BCS in black empreinte and I love the bag. It holds your everyday essentials and really elevates your outfit! I love the small luggage tag on the front as well. I always get asked about the bag, I think because you don't see it everywhere. You won't be disappointed if you decide to add it to your collection.

Reactions: minami
I have the BCS in black empreinte and I love the bag. It holds your everyday essentials and really elevates your outfit! I love the small luggage tag on the front as well. I always get asked about the bag, I think because you don't see it everywhere. You won't be disappointed if you decide to add it to your collection.
I love the empreinte - black is safer than the off white I guess but the off white is so nice also hehe