Next investment - everyday bag

maryg1

K in a circle
O.G.
Aug 29, 2006
I need (want :P) a new everyday bag desperately!
But of course I need your help, as I'm undecided.
A bit about me: I'm about 163 cm for 50 kg, I usually wear jeans and a cardigan, H scarf.
I need a bag that would look good in different situations, from work to weekends, that will stand the test of time and must react well in rain too, so let's say she should serve me well for at least 10 yrs? I don't have kids yet.
I'm undecided between Mon Monogram Speedy 30 (no other monogram bags are taken into consideration), SLP new duffle bag, YSL Chyc Cabas in medium and small size. Or eventually a preloved H kelly...

Of these bags, I already have a vintage 30 LV Speedy which is my workhorse and a Kelly 28 and 32 in box, which I don't dare to use daily because of the leather, but I love that bag.
which one do you prefer?

Attachments

• 311210_BJ50J_9941_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-women-petit-cabas-y-bag-in-natural-leather-450x564.jpg
    311210_BJ50J_9941_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-women-petit-cabas-y-bag-in-natural-leather-450x564.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,506
  • 311220_BUB0J_2034_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-women-medium-cabas-y-in-earth-leather-450x564.jpg
    311220_BUB0J_2034_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-women-medium-cabas-y-in-earth-leather-450x564.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,476
  • 314704_BOF0J_2034_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-women-small-duffle-bag-in-earth-leather-450x564.jpg
    314704_BOF0J_2034_A-ysl-saint-laurent-paris-women-small-duffle-bag-in-earth-leather-450x564.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1,458
  • Schermata 01-2456304 alle 22.39.37.png
    Schermata 01-2456304 alle 22.39.37.png
    338.8 KB · Views: 1,503
In order:

- old style YSL Cabas Chyc (picture 2)
- new style YSL Cabas Chyc (picture 1)
- LV Speedy (picture 4)
- SLP Duffle

My reasoning: You said you are looking for a bag that will "look good in different situations, from work to weekends, that will stand the test of time and must react well in rain too" and that is why I suggested the CC as it looks good casual and non-casual (unlike an LV Speedy bag which I find to be more casual especially in monogram). Plus, the CC stands out in a crowd, IMO, without being overly ubiquitous.

The SLP duffle is a tad boring to me, but I understand that it is that simplicity that draws its fans. Someone in YSL noted that the placement of the shoulder strap could, in the long term, prove problematic.

Okay, enough talking. Good luck with your choice!

From the three I like old cabas the best, then new cabas and speedy. Have you consider something from Chanel's timeless classic collection? Jumbo, maxi in caviar do well in rain too. Their caviar wears well for daily use.

From the three I like old cabas the best, then new cabas and speedy. Have you consider something from Chanel's timeless classic collection? Jumbo, maxi in caviar do well in rain too. Their caviar wears well for daily use.

I agree.

The Cerf tote is very easy to wear and has good leather. It's similar in style to the YSL tote and has a shoulder strap. It's 1700 euro now.
GST also would be another good option. The straps are longer and you can wear it on the shoulder too.

chanel cerf and Fendi not for me, Prada is nice but here in Italy it is instantly recognizable.
I know I know, LV is instantly recognizable too, but at least the Mon Monogram is only mine!

I say number three. I love the look of one and two ,but that strap that goes across the top gets annoying very quick . The mon mono is cute but you have the vachetta leather to deal with and you already own a speedy. The dark color and clean lines of number three ,combined with the ease of use and weather ready make it a winner in my book. You can always change the look by adding a scarf to it. Good luck with your decision. Go with your gut on which one you really like the best. If you love it you will make it work, which ever one it is.

A Hermes just exudes smartness and elegance and there is always a waiting list for the Kelly so go for it. Use one as it will last a lifetime and remain a trendy and timeless collectable.