Next Holt Renfrew Sale?

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
Anyone here have a feeling that HR will have a sale soon? IIRC every December they have a 25% off or 30% off sale (with the long list of exceptions, but I'm thinking of buying a Marc Jacobs bag) around this time in early December. However I do remember that a month ago they had a spend some get some in a GC event so I don't know if that replaces this...any ideas?

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
I think that's the PSN night. I doubt there's going to be another major event again before christmas

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
This one? http://forum.purseblog.com/deals-and-steals/holt-renfrew-sale-dec-11th-and-12th-646940.html

I haven't received anything in the mail but have my fingers crossed... I just bought a Bayswater, but 25% off would be amazing!
Yeah that's what I was thinking! I remember they had a 30% off one in 2009 and apparently in 2010 too...that's why I was thinking they might have one in 2011.

Maybe if I buy now, I can go back and ask for a price adjustment... :hrmm:

J_Bear

Oct 12, 2011
Toronto
The last event so recent that I doubt if they'll have another 30% off everything type event, but I was told by an SA that they'll start the first round of their regular sale after the first week in December (right in time for any of the GC from the last even to have expired). Usually the first round F/W stuff will be up to 40% off, then in a month or so whatever is left they'll go up to 70% off.

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
The last event so recent that I doubt if they'll have another 30% off everything type event, but I was told by an SA that they'll start the first round of their regular sale after the first week in December (right in time for any of the GC from the last even to have expired). Usually the first round F/W stuff will be up to 40% off, then in a month or so whatever is left they'll go up to 70% off.
Thank you! That's good to know, because I think the gift cards from the last event expire this week...

I don't usually shop the sales (since I typically only go to HR for Chanel) but I've been eyeing a Marc Jacobs bag from F/W collection...since it's a Stam I doubt it'll go on sale as a "selected style", so I was hoping for a 30% off everything (with tons of exceptions) sale...sounds like from the SA you talked to the sale will be just select styles though.

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
I forgot to add...the 25% sale I'm thinking of might be a Holt Renfrew AMEX cardholder event...

karman

Crazy Cat Lady
O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Canada
My SA said there would be no markdowns until Dec 26th?? She said the President decided there would be no pre-Christmas sale.
Yeah, I'm not surprised about no markdowns but still wondering if they might have a 25% off event for Amex cardholders

J_Bear

Oct 12, 2011
Toronto
My SA said there would be no markdowns until Dec 26th?? She said the President decided there would be no pre-Christmas sale.
Hmmm...weird...though I find that all the SA's have different information all the time...based on past years the stuff at Holt's goes on sale before christmas, the actual boxing day "sale" last year at least was really crappy...it was something like take an extra 15% off already reduced items for the first 3 hours the store was open...needless to say I did not go there on boxing day! i'm going back to bloor st. tomorrow and I'll ask a different SA and update the group!