Next handbag purchase! Balenciaga or Prada?

alyssa08

Aug 11, 2007
It's about that time for a new bag!

I was set on the Prada Scamosciato Suede Hobo in graphite and even pre-ordered it from Saks but then I saw the Balenciaga Day and I'm torn. I want the Bal in black or charcoal with giant gold hardware, which I don't even know if it exists as it isn't available on Barneys or the Bal website, but the Prada is suede and I wouldn't want to wear it year-round, although I looooove suede.

Since the Prada isn't a year-round bag, I'm obviously leaning towards Bal but I'm turned off by the fact that I can't get it in the style I want it. I'm also worried that the Prada won't fit on my shoulder. It says 4" strap drop on the website but it looks like it might have a little give.

Opinions please :blush:

0416617781155R_300x400.jpg

day_140442D94JT1000_Fbis.jpg

day_140442D94JT1202_Fbis.jpg

Thanks all!

I'm tempted to carry the prada this fall/winter and then by the time spring comes around I'll buy the bal... even my boyfriend is saying this :wtf: :nuts: :amuse: this sums up my feelings about that! ha

ellecoach, I soo agree! it's killing me that I can't get the bal the way I want it. I'm not really into buying used bags because I just love that brand new feeling and look. maybe by spring it'll be available in a combo I like.

I just looove suede... so luxurious! still worried about the handle though. I told myself I didn't want another top handle with longer strap after the Rebecca Minkoff MAM.

Get the Balenciaga, don't give up your search for the HW combo you want, I'm sure it's out there. All it took for me to find the HW I wanted last year was a quick call to Bal NY. Good luck.

I like the Prada better but the handle drop is too short for wearing on the shoulder imo, whereas the Balenciagas is much better that way except I don't like it as much!

Maybe don't get either? And save your money for something that ticks all the right boxes with you.:smile:

but then I'll have to wait :sad: wahh. purse shopping is so frustrating as I am picky! the bal looks better in person imo, but I can't tear myself away from the prada... it's so gorgeous but those handles are just killing me.

I love your username btw, cornflower! amazing color.

I really like the shape of the Prada, but hate suede. Yes it is buttery soft now, but I don't think the suede will wear well over time (or even through the fall/winter season). I vote Bbag.