Next Brand?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi everyone! I am trying to figure out what my next go to brand should be for bags.

Right now I have a few Coach, Michael Kors, and a lone Furla bag. The other bags in my collection are pretty random, fabric bags from Gap and Target. A Nine West or 2 casual days.

I thought I liked L.A.M.B. but that seems to be a fluke. I haven't seen anything cute for a while.

My bag style is generally classic shapes with a few fun details. I like some hardware but not a ton of logos. I am more drawn to structured bags. I am pretty much leather only. Generally I think Furla and Dooney are too boring or too old lady for me. Any ideas for more brands to check out? I like to stay under $600, but I have good access to department stores and boutiques -- Flagship Nordstroms, Macys, and Bloomingdales are nearby.

So where do I go from here? I still have something python and something camel on the list for my bag collection. Oh and a bigger everyday crossbody for weekend in a neutral. Then my bag wardrobe will be complete!

2. Have you checked out Rebecca Minkoff?

3. RM is what I'd suggest too. Or Marc by Marc Jacobs.

4. Definitely take a look at MBMJ - very cute and the leather is TDF.

You might like Junior Drake. Or Kate Spade. Or Cole Haan.

Milly is a brand that I've start to follow - some very tasteful, but youthful, designs at very inexpensive prices.

5. How about Fossil?

6. India and Littlerock named brands I'd suggest too. Brahmin is another option. I can't get over the price point. Nice designs and great color options.

7. It looks like Kate Spade, MbMJ and RM it is. All should be easy to find at Norstroms? OR Bloomies? I have seen KS at a few Nordstroms. I know where a few KS boutiques are.

Thanks everyone!

8. You should be able to find all of these brands at Nordstrom. I haven't shopped Kate Spade for a while, but you can always find classic shapes in bright colors there.

9. I also recommend Rebecca Minkoff. Almost bought another RM bag on Saturday AND today :graucho:

You might also want to consider
    - Cole Haan (very durable leather and easy to find: Marshalls TJ Maxx, Nordstrom, Bloomies, NM etc...),

- Andrew Marc (easily found at Marshalls or TJ Maxx, also great leather and styles),

- ORyany also has stylish bags (though my friend is having some trouble with denim transfer but she didn't take steps to protect the light-colored leather), and

- Mania Italia is another brand at Marshalls and TJ Maxx. Nice leather, great styles and you can find one for under $300.

Well, best of luck and let us know what you end up buying:biggrin:

10. I have some great suggestions for your bigger everyday crossbody bag. How about the Linea Pelle Dylan Medium Tote? The handles are long enough to be worn comfortably on the shoulder, and the longer strap works on the shoulder or crossbody. I have two of these totes and love them.

My other suggestion would be Olivia Harris Trapezoid satchel. The handles and longer strap function the same ways as the LP Tote. My OH Satchel is a definite staple in my bag collection.

Both bags retail for less than $600.

HTH!

11. Alexander Wang :yes:

12. I don't know if you already got your bag but I just wanted second Cole Haan for leather bags. They are really great quality and I like the attention to the details they put into their bags. Also Mark Jacob by Mark Jacob is a fun line as well for leather.

13. Mulberry :smile:

14. try Mulberry :smile:

15. #15 Sep 9, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
    I second the Rebecca Minkoff suggestions. The leather is amazing and smells divine. There's no crazy hardware or logos and the bag is classic looking. IMO, it's practical for everyday use. Has removable tassels on the zipper pulls to give it a little fun look and can be worn over the shoulder or hand carried. Has removable shoulder strap. The inside lining is nice & thick and it has a front sipper pocket concealed with a small flap. The price is $495 plus tax but Bloomingdale's is having a coupon event for cardholders which started yesterday and ends Sunday. If you get another item for $5.00, you'd get $100.00 off. I got mine today in black leather to add to my RM family.

Edit: I'm referring to the MAM (Morning After Mini) Bag