Next B suggestions

partialtopink

partialtopink.com
O.G.
Nov 14, 2007
I need suggestions for the next B to add to my wishlist. I may finally be in the market to add Noir to my collection. Since the first B I ever bought was Prunoir, I haven't really desired adding a classic black to the family. Shiny black croc has always been my dream, but it's elusive at this point. What leather finishes do you recommend in black? I don't love my Tadelakt because it scratches up easily.

I already own:
B35 Prunoir in Clemence
B35 Etoupe in Tadelakt
B30 Rouge Vif in Togo
B30 Gold in Togo

What B would you add next to my collection if you were me? I'm not really a fan of blues. I like the idea of black, chocolate, and navy, but is Prunoir too close in color to black/navy? I'd never consider selling my first B because of sentimental value.

I love black box but you have to know what you’re getting into as box requires you to be more careful then Clemence or Togo. I’m not really a fan of swift. For pebbled leather, I like Togo the best but it looks like you have a couple of bags in Togo. Is chèvre still an option?

Reactions: partialtopink
I love black box but you have to know what you’re getting into as box requires you to be more careful then Clemence or Togo. I’m not really a fan of swift. For pebbled leather, I like Togo the best but it looks like you have a couple of bags in Togo. Is chèvre still an option?

I love the look of smooth leathers, but my Tadelakt is a problem child. Is a smooth black leather more forgiving, though?

What about a B30 in a pop colour that you love? If I were you I’d probably go with Malachite/ Anemone/ Orange since you have RV and don’t like blues. Otherwise what about a lighter neutral like Gris A, Gris T or Trench? I think those would add more variety to your collection than a black B. Alternatively, would suggest a black B in a different HW than your Prunoir. HTH!

Pink Champagne, I was going to suggest navy like Blue Saphire or Bleu Nuit, it’s almost black and a quintessential neutral, but it’s almost along the same line as prunoir. So, I think if I were in your shoes, I would go for a pop of color like malachite, RP or a chèvre in nuit.
On a side note, I’m really loving my Etoupe Tadelakt! It’s wearing well and quite the head turner. The ladies at H were commenting on the shimmery finish and how you can barely make out my first scratch from DH, Plus another scratch from a H customer that reached out and touched it aggressively.
Recently, I was in your shoes thinking of nuit in chèvre too so I could have a black and brown option, but I just got a Barenia Faubourg (DH said why am I getting another brown bag?) but it’s barenia which is difficult to pass up if you like heritage leathers. Good luck with your decision! You’ll make the correct choice when you see it, your heart will sing :heart:.

Last edited:
Pink Champagne, I was going to suggest navy like Blue Saphire or Bleu Nuit, it’s almost black and a quintessential neutral, but it’s almost along the same line as prunoir. So, I think if I were in your shoes, I would go for a pop of color like malachite, RP or a chèvre in nuit.
On a side note, I’m really loving my Etoupe Tadelakt! It’s wearing well and quite the head turner. The ladies at H were commenting on the shimmery finish and how you can barely make out my first scratch from DH, Plus another scratch from a H customer that reached out and touched it aggressively.
Recently, I was in your shoes thinking of nuit in chèvre too so I could have a black and brown option, but I just got a Barenia Faubourg (DH said why am I getting another brown bag?) but it’s barenia which is difficult to pass up if you like heritage leathers. Good luck with your decision! You’ll make the correct choice when you see it, your heart will sing :heart:.
Wow, I cant believe someone was so aggressive and scratched your bag! How awful, you must have been livid!