Newsflash: Goldie...stripped search at JFK!!! YIKES!!!

Maybe the customs officer was so overcome by Goldie's beauty that he had to get his hands all over her...shudder...

I have been way out of the loop and didn't realize that your father was ill - I'm very glad to hear that your visit en masse revived him and that he will be coming to the US. Hope he continues on the upswing!

:wtf:Holy guacamole! Poor goldie. Oh the trauma...

Well I'm glad everyone's back home safe & sound now. And more importantly, that your father's taken a turn for the better.:yes:

Welcome back and thanks for giving us the 411 on the receipts. Good to know.:tup:

Hi petpringles! Glad you kept the receipt! The pen in Makati? Oh I miss the Pen I love the scones there! I love Makati! I love Manila!

Manila is filled wonderful friendly folks and fabulous cuisine...nota bene: dieters don't belong there! It is a city of contrast: new and old, rich and poor...it's a strange city but that's what makes it exotic place to visit...like Bangkok or Kuala Lumpur. It has it's very own flavor.

This visit could have been a wonderful vacation, too bad that wasn't the purpose of our trip. Philippines have several beaches that can rival other international vacation resorts like Bali or Phuket...at a bargain! Time for you to visit again!:tup:

Welcome back and I'm sorry to hear about Goldie's mistreatment. Glad Dad is getting better and coming to live here. I never thought of the receipt thing---thank you!

Not to scare everyone but just be aware that it's a matter of chance. My sister from the Hamptons also was on the same flight and had her new fuschia 32 HAC and she just strolled pass by us as if she didn't know us...while we are being "searched"...she calls us up later while we were in the limo to Pennsylvania to inquire "what happened?" DUH!!!!

Guess the birkins are staying home this next trip to Europe...we will bring the old battle ax LV to rough it! Please don't disown us...we're still loyal to H! LOL!:nogood:

Thanks PP :flowers:

That makes sense but did they suspect Goldie because they thought she was brand new - all protected in her pyjamas! If you have an Hermes bag that is not brand new, then there should be no problem, right :s The trouble is, my Hermes looks brand new and I would travel with it all protected in dustbags.

AAN:

Yes, you are right...it is to show that it was purchase in the US...anything purchase (usually big ticketed items) outside need to be declared at customs and levied taxes if beyond the accepted amount.

So, every bags and their receipt is inside the zippered compartment of the Birkin from now on. Darn, so I am now hoping we will not come across any nice H bags while in Europe for 3 weeks this June...what are the chances!

PP

PS...thanks for your wonderful thoughts and well wishes about my Dad. I still ahve not solidified my apartment in Nice!!!! Costa del sol OK and Portofino OK but Nice...not yet. When things settle down a bit I guess...Ive got time.

pp

Not to scare everyone but just be aware that it's a matter of chance. My sister from the Hamptons also was on the same flight and had her new fuschia 32 HAC and she just strolled pass by us as if she didn't know us...while we are being "searched"...she calls us up later while we were in the limo to Pennsylvania to inquire "what happened?" DUH!!!!

Guess the birkins are staying home this next trip to Europe...we will bring the old battle ax LV to rough it! Please don't disown us...we're still loyal to H! LOL!:nogood:

Your sister cracks me up! That sounds like something I would do - man, must keep those H bags from harm's way - don't want those customs folks touching everything they see!

I'm glad everything has turned out better. Now you must think of some way to tease your sister about this!

Yikes that was close! I'm just wondering if there are any security issues with carrying the receipt in the bag? I mean, if a thief were to snatch the bag wouldn't it be much easier for them to resell it if they have the receipt? Wouldn't it be better to carry it with you, but separately?