News news news!!! Back from Macau and Hong Kong

cookiejar - I think it depends on what you are comparing to. LV and Chanel are indeed slightly cheaper compared to the prices in Singapore. For e.g. I bought an LV epi petit noe in Sep 07 from Hong Kong and paid about $1600 for it while it costs about $1690 or so in Singapore (the slight difference could be because there is no GST in Hong Kong unlike in Singapore).

Tiffany is also cheaper in Hong Kong and Macau than in Singapore.

I guess the other brands might be too but frankly, I have not checked out the other brands so am not so sure.

thank you

the new photos are beautiful!!!!

cookiejar - I think it depends on what you are comparing to. LV and Chanel are indeed slightly cheaper compared to the prices in Singapore. For e.g. I bought an LV epi petit noe in Sep 07 from Hong Kong and paid about $1600 for it while it costs about $1690 or so in Singapore (the slight difference could be because there is no GST in Hong Kong unlike in Singapore).

Tiffany is also cheaper in Hong Kong and Macau than in Singapore.

I guess the other brands might be too but frankly, I have not checked out the other brands so am not so sure.

Hope you had a wonderful trip, Viv! Thanks for the info, I am definitely going to make a stop in HK and Macau if I make an "Asia" trip next year... I never had any interest in going to Macau (it seems like Vegas to me, which is only 4 hours driving from where I live) but I definitely want to go now! For a while, I was wondering where you went... ;)

^^^ V! Yes, I live in the Los Angeles area, and we are only about 4 hours from Vegas (even less if there's no traffic and you drive fast, LOL) -which is why we go like 3 or 4 times a year (my mom is one of those Chinese ladies that is addicted to slot machines ;))

I am DEFINITELY planning to make a stop in SG if I do go to Asia next year... Celia and ladydeluxe have already thoroughly convinced me that I NEED to go. I'd LOVE to have you show me around, I am getting all the good Singapore tour guides! -SG better be my last stop, I'll probably be SO poor after all of the shopping spots you three take me to :sweatdrop: