News from SA

pursesuader said:
Selena,
Do you like this style? I have this bag, it's really a great size and I don't think MJ makes it any more. Check it out EBay 6880269058.

Its cute but I think I want a Blake or another Multipocket. But thanks!
Selena

Sick4Marc said:
How horrible! No offense to any gold lovers out there, but for me, I really dislike it...and all of my jewelry is silver/platinum/white gold. This is certainly a bummer and I hope it's not true. :cry:

Best of luck, Selena, on procuring another MJ with silver hardware soon!
I'm with you. I'm not a fan of yellow gold. All my jewelry is either white gold or platinum. I prefer silver hardware on my bags. I only have bought a few bags with gold hardware because I really love the bags (LV epi mandarine Jasmin, LV plum Le Talentueux)

Selena, I've seen a few Blakes with silver hardware. I just bought one in the denim color with silver hardware about a month ago at Nordstrom. I saw a kelly green blake on I think it was NAP's website not too long ago with silver hardware. I also saw a yellow Blake with silver hardware on, I believe, eluxury.com not too long ago. What bag and color are you interested in?

Kat said:
Selena, I've seen a few Blakes with silver hardware. I just bought one in the denim color with silver hardware about a month ago at Nordstrom. I saw a kelly green blake on I think it was NAP's website not too long ago with silver hardware. I also saw a yellow Blake with silver hardware on, I believe, eluxury.com not too long ago. What bag and color are you interested in?

I am pretty flexible. I want a large bag. Silver hardware. Not black or red. I think I want a shoulder bag but I do like the blake. I like that Denim but not at full price. Is that vague enough :rolleyes:

Selena

I am glad I saw this thread. I was just talking with my favorite SA at Nordstrom recently about the gold hardware. She told me that her store has seen a big dropoff in the amount of MJ bags sold since the hardware was changed. I don't like the gold either. Yuck!

Roo said:
I am glad I saw this thread. I was just talking with my favorite SA at Nordstrom recently about the gold hardware. She told me that her store has seen a big dropoff in the amount of MJ bags sold since the hardware was changed. I don't like the gold either. Yuck!

The SA I talked to at the MJ store was adament that no more silver hardwared bags will be coming. If you look at the fall collection nothing is in silver!! This is really a bad move. I am going to buy those MJ glasses NOW with silver buckles to match my bag.
Selena

How disappointing! I don't mind gold hardware sometimes, but if I had a choice between gold or silver, silver wins most of the time. We'll see how far this goes.

Selena,
These bags I found on exluxury ...
p11024235_ph_hero.jpg

p11024235_ph_althero_Nutmeg.jpg

p10943539_ph_hero.jpg

*jennifer* said:
i find this change from silver hardware to gold so strange!
i mean, isn't LV stuff going from gold to silver now?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Although, you know, since MJ also works for LV....hmmm.....I smell a conspiracy! Now it all makes sense: LV goes silver, MJ goes gold, and those who love the soon-to-be-discontinued metal start panic-buying. Grrrr.