news from Paris...

katie09

O.G.
Apr 7, 2009
Hi ladies. Here is some news from Paris. I have just been to the MM boutique in rue st. Honore.
The fall collection has some new small classic bags: small bow (for now only in nero), small napa charm and a small coffer.
The small bow is less than half the size of the original bow. The small napa charm is about the same size, perhaps a little bit bigger.
The small coffer is about half size of the original.

No pics yet, sorry

Hi ladies. Here is some news from Paris. I have just been to the MM boutique in rue st. Honore.
The fall collection has some new small classic bags: small bow (for now only in nero), small napa charm and a small coffer.
The small bow is less than half the size of the original bow. The small napa charm is about the same size, perhaps a little bit bigger.
The small coffer is about half size of the original.

No pics yet, sorry

Katie, Could you help me to see what colors of big coffer are selling now ? :biggrin: Thanks!!!

The new smaller coffers should be available in the boutiques.

At the boutique in Beverly Hills, the smaller coffers are available ins several colors:
- dark chocolate brown
- light pale lavender (purplish pink)
- orange
- a bright purple that's closer to fuchsia.
- green

They are approximately $1360 each plus tax.

Do be warned that the smaller coffers are much smaller. I had a pink baby coffer and the opening was much smaller than the regular coffer. I could barely squeeze my continental wallet, make up pouch and sunglasses. the flap pockets are also much smaller.

But size wise, it's really perfect for a petite gal. It looks super cute when worn messenger style! But the braided strap is too short and tiny to go over one's shoulder so it's more of a hand held bag.

Last edited:
I am confused...are small coffers new?? I believe I have seen them in previous seasons or is this a new size of "small?"

thanks linpaddy for the info...light pale lavender sounds gorgeous!!

I don't think the smaller coffers are new. Both the smaller coffers and bow bags have been around with limited availability. I know that the smaller coffer was available as late as S/S 08 and the smaller bow around winter 2007.

I believe that miu2 has previously posted comparison pictures of the regular and smaller coffers for reference.

The departmental store buyers probably ordered more regular coffers and bows since they are very popular. I do hope that the smaller sizes are made available more easily because they are adorable!

I ended up selling my smaller pink coffer but here is a picture for reference

Attachments

• coffer small linpaddy.jpg
    coffer small linpaddy.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 81
ooh great piece of info. Thanks to kaite09.

If small bow are half the size of the normal bow, it will be really small for daily usage.. but I would love to see pictures though. :smile:

I didn't get to take any pics. In fact I didn't end up with a Miu Miu bag at all.

I looked at the bow, I looked at every bag, and than at the bow again, but up close, when touching the leather, opening and closing the zipper, looking inside etc, I really didn't like it that much.
I didn't care for the way the leather was treated.
Well the fact is, I didn't fall in love with it, the way I thought I would.

I must have visited nearly every big designer boutique in Paris (at least the ones in Printemps, Galeries Lafayettes and in Rue St. Honore).
I went back to an old favorite; Marc Jacobs. I also got a Chloe bag on sale.

Sorry gals, I thought I would be an MM addict, but I'm not.