News From Louis Vuitton! Exciting

i just found this new Monogram style for january on the french ELLE website:
Looks like the old Monceau Epi! Can you ID this?

http://www.dailyelle.fr/la-dans-trois-mois/le-sac-metis-de-vuitton-51920

sac_vuitton_metis_monogram_526x705.jpg

I def. think it's worth checking into. Vintage looks always seem to make it back around. It's functional and classic yet fun...with the punch of vachetta on the closure.

I am really on the fence on this one. I am unsure on how it would handle the elements. If someone has anything in this leather, i would LOVE to hear from them! A lockit like this in epi would be IDEAL for where i live, another lockit that i have to leave behind when it rains would be... A bit too sad.

Anyone with an item in this leather who can tell a bit more? Is it coated enough to handle rainy days?

I have a monogram revelation papillon from Fall'12 collection. Took it with me on my Paris trip.

The leather is amazing - really thick, durable (no scratches *yay*). I was caught in a light rain once and all's good =)

lvrevelationbag_zps65a5e893.jpg

Fendi inject silicone into their leather to create the raised imprint on their Villa Borghese bags. (At least that's what I was told!)

Nope it's all just debossing... which is technically exactly the same as embossing. I just confirmed this with a friend of mine who was a Selleria Ambassador from Fendi Hong Kong :smile: The idea of injecting silicone into leather... now that's just sensational...