News for Balenciaga

Authenticate this is different than giving people a heads up on eBay finds. I think it is a very different concept.

This way would work that you would post an eBay find, and others can look at it- but there is no discussion of it.

I hear all of you- Vlad will look into your concerns, requests.

If there were an authenticity problem, you could PM Vlad or I or a mod to take it down :yes:

After careful consideration, we've re-opened the Balenciaga eBay finds forum again (formerly: Achtung, Balenciaga!). We decided to make the forum threads-only, meaning that you can share your ebay finds with the community, but you can not respond to your own, or other's threads.

The biggest issue in the past was that thread discussion lead to a lot of drama - some criticized auctions for their own benefit - this will no longer be the case (hopefully).

I hope this will again be a beneficial addition for the Balenciaga community.

Enjoy!

Vlad, with most respect I also am not sure bringing this type of subforum back to Balenciaga is the best idea. I think the "authenticate this" thread benefits pfers just as well if not better lacking all the drama that became "Atchung".

Most pfers that are lovers of Balenciaga browse ebay daily so I don't think displaying the auctions here specifically is really needed in that way. Second, the important question is, "is it authentic". Once that is answered it's all a personal choice from there. Third, I think one thing that makes Bbag listings different than other designers on ebay, especially used bags, the condition is so subjective for every individual. Whether one thinks the seller's great, price is too high, the handles are gross, etc... these are the types of comments that seemed to cause problems the last go around. I for one, didn't appreciate that stuff when I clicked on a thread whether I agreed or not.

I just think the bigger separation between between ebay and the Bbag forum has been a good thing. But, it sounds as though you all have come up with a new and improved version so I will positively look forward to it.

i actually think that this is a great idea. i was not around for the other, so dont have the info to speak about it, but i appreciate vlad and megs taking note of our good behavior (so to speak :smile:) and think that with the atomosphere of the forum at this time, it can be a really great resource. i for one, dont really check the authenticate this thread much. i used it a ton when i was learning in the beginning how exactly to authenticate bags, and since i have gotten more comfortable with it, i check that particular thread some, not as much as the rest of the bal sections--(it may be dumb, but its the truth). i am personally looking forward to having a forum that allows us to post great finds. i think with one thread, they will get lost to some extent--just my opinion which may not be worth much, but i thought i would voice it. again, thanks vlad and megs. i am excited!

We have the same types of threads in LV and Burberry "Great LV/ Burberry Finds" and they are working just fine with the members in those forums.

The general rule is if you are not sure it is authentic, don't post the link.

You can get it authenticated in the Authenticate This... thread and then post in the Finds thread with a statement that it was authenticated by the Bal ladies.

I think this could work with one caveat: No words allowed only a link to the auction. Otherwise, I could see people makin a comment like "Super Cheap Bbag" and then posting the link.

Addy, to my knowledge the collecting of so many old colors/styles of bbags is unique to this particular designer, as are the sheer number of colors they produce. So yes, other designers may have similar threads, but they don't really compare. I agree with others who said the authenticity question is answered in that thread. As for "finds", we all do that anyway. Checking authenticity and then posting it in the "finds" thread? Seems like a lot of redundancy to me. JMO.

Sitting on the fence - by the looks of it, it seems a bit soon to be re-introducing this thread with all the caveats attached - PFers seem more than content with the authenticate this platform for now - just my 2penneth

We have the same types of threads in LV and Burberry "Great LV/ Burberry Finds" and they are working just fine with the members in those forums.

The general rule is if you are not sure it is authentic, don't post the link.

You can get it authenticated in the Authenticate This... thread and then post in the Finds thread with a statement that it was authenticated by the Bal ladies.

So why can't we do it the same as LV and Burberry does it? Why a whole separate subforum? I'm guessing the main reason is so that nobody can make any comments at all about eBay finds. But if a single thread works for other subforums why can't it work for us? I realize Achtung got out of control, but who's to say it wouldn't have done the same in the LV subforum...it's just that they have never been "tested" that way because they never had a similar setup to Achtung.

Megs has already addressed why the Authenticate This! thread is not appropriate for this purpose, so I don't think we can go that route. Those of you on that bandwagon should perhaps consider what I'm suggesting, because it's very similar to the concept of the Authenticate This! thread, but for ebay finds instead. Here's the LV Shopping subforum:
http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-shopping/
...and in it you will see that they have a thread called
Great LV Deals/Finds

That's what I'm talking about.

I think this could work with one caveat: No words allowed only a link to the auction. Otherwise, I could see people makin a comment like "Super Cheap Bbag" and then posting the link.

I *think* I agree. It seems like a restrictive measure to not allow comments by the OP, but then, examples like the one twiggers said are more than just a notification, they have a comment.
Another thing we don't want to happen is people telling their PF friends to list and "advertise" their auctions, because they're not allowed to do it themselves... Catfight at risk!

I *think* I agree. It seems like a restrictive measure to not allow comments by the OP, but then, examples like the one twiggers said are more than just a notification, they have a comment.
Another thing we don't want to happen is people telling their PF friends to list and "advertise" their auctions, because they're not allowed to do it themselves... Catfight at risk!

That happened before and will definitely happen still, don't see a way around that. However, not allowing discussion is key. Sounds like it will be a heads up, a list where on tpf we can see ebay listings for Bbags, great. Not allowing comments, pfers can decide if they want to buy or not and for the reasons why. Only concern will be that any bag that gets posted must be authentic.

If there were an authenticity problem, you could PM Vlad or I or a mod to take it down :yes:

You know, this seems a little dangerous...because there is no follow up commenting allowed, someone could easily "BIN" before a mod gets to it to take it down. At least with the single thread concept (like LV's Great LV Deals/Finds), someone would be more likely to catch it right away and warn people off of it.

You know, this seems a little dangerous...because there is no follow up commenting allowed, someone could easily "BIN" before a mod gets to it to take it down. At least with the single thread concept (like LV's Great LV Deals/Finds), someone would be more likely to catch it right away and warn people off of it.

I totally see your points fiat... also you could have the reverse, an authentic bag could be reported as fake. On one hand I think this new idea could be easy and simple, but then I think it also has the potential to be difficult and time consuming.

I agree and I don't miss Achtung at all. We all know how to search Ebay for bags and the authenticate this thread is enough. But I'm open to giving it a try. I just worry that fake bags could be posted by people that aren't regular posters.