Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

Whhahaah Kudos to Chrissy's dad...:devil::devil::devil:
I love how he is so "In TUNE" with his daughter. He's brilliant. He's definitely a father who knows when to step in and break things up at the right time. lol

Yeah, she was alone in a hotel room with a guy. Her dad did the right thing, he had a reason to be pissed! lol

Honestly, Crissy's dad should have told her she could not go on the trip. It would have been easier than having her parents in a joining room watching her every move. I feel for her. My parents were not super lenient, but they did give me space also and let me find my own way.

I'm going to try not get suckered into watching this show. I really liked Laguna Beach and The Hills before, but in the end I think it just makes me secretly jealous at how gorgeous all of these people are and how much nice things they have (mansions, Range Rovers, whatever). I also don't like some of their snobbish attitudes and petty drama. It is really addicting once you start watching though! The cast does seem really fascinating. Arg I will probably end up watching on weekends anyway lol.

I'm going to try not get suckered into watching this show. I really liked Laguna Beach and The Hills before, but in the end I think it just makes me secretly jealous at how gorgeous all of these people are and how much nice things they have (mansions, Range Rovers, whatever). I also don't like some of their snobbish attitudes and petty drama. It is really addicting once you start watching though! The cast does seem really fascinating. Arg I will probably end up watching on weekends anyway lol.

That's the exact reason why my sister hates this show, and she doesn't understand why I like it. She thinks that I would like to live vicariously through these girls...ha! I can't even empathize because I wasn't even like that--blonde, beautiful, popular, and rich. I think for me, though, is that I enjoy them sabotaging each other as opposed to dissing random strangers/regular people they barely know (which is why I don't like watching The Simple Life). Big :tup: in my superficial entertainment world! :okay:

LOL I don't think this will be a problem with Newport Harbor...the ONLY cute girl on there is MAYBE Crissy...the rest are orange with white hair!:roflmfao:

Whhahaah Kudos to Chrissy's dad
In contrast, I had a strong urge to give Chrissy's dad AND mom a tasteful little Wedgwood dish full of chill pills.

Honestly, Crissy's dad should have told her she could not go on the trip. It would have been easier than having her parents in a joining room watching her every move. I feel for her...
That is what I thought, too! It would have been better than yelling at her (CHRISSY! NOW!) the way one does at an out-of-reach toddler heading for a busy street. That is NOT a good way to keep trust and communication open with a teenager.

And I know that to some, the idea of being in the room with a boy is comparable to that trafficward-scampering tot, but even if one assumes that once in the room she is going to just give it up, and that once she does, she is forever ruined blah blah, the situation would not be one that would be conducive to that, first, with all the other kids in the room, and second, with the parents in the adjoining room, but most of all, if Chrissy, or any other teen, really wants to have sex, they are going to find a way to have it, and so since apparently Chrissy hasn't, we can assume that she doesn't want to all that bad, and even if she did, it would not be the end of the world, the end of Chrissy, nor the end of the family honor, thus, the rents should chill. (end sermonette)

Just a reminder that as someone who has never had children, I am eminently qualified to issue Parenting Instruction Decrees and Proclamations. This is because, unlike people who have actually HAD teenaged children, I remember BEING a teenager, and what worked, and did not work, with me! :P

Chrissy looked really cute in last night's episode....

Next week looks really good, as chrissy and chase are supposed to hook up and clay gets all sad...his fault for ignoring her after they danced.

Hmm...I think that Dad might be a little too much on her case, afterall, the girl is a senior and ready to go to college....

And I must say, Allie is not cute.