Newport Harbor: The Real Orange County

This week's episode wasn't that exciting...except for that fact that Chrissy refused to listen to her dad for once :wtf:

Think she's starting to realize once in college, her parents will not have a hold on her....guess it's a good thing for clay if they make it!

Maybe it's just me, but this season is boring.

I think that is the point of the show. It purpose is to make poor people feel better, when we are having one of those days where everything goes wrong, and we start to think "oh, how I wish I could be a rich white teenager in the SoCal enclaves, and not have a care in the world" we will stop mid-yearning and think "oh wait, HELL no. I would be bored out of my skull - and that would be just with myself. Then I'd have to face every day knowing that all my friends are just as boring as me. Oh, Thank You God for making me a fabulous and utterly fascinating poor person with interesting poor friends and interesting poor neighbors who always have something good for me to eat"

I think that is the point of the show. It purpose is to make poor people feel better, when we are having one of those days where everything goes wrong, and we start to think "oh, how I wish I could be a rich white teenager in the SoCal enclaves, and not have a care in the world" we will stop mid-yearning and think "oh wait, HELL no. I would be bored out of my skull - and that would be just with myself. Then I'd have to face every day knowing that all my friends are just as boring as me. Oh, Thank You God for making me a fabulous and utterly fascinating poor person with interesting poor friends and interesting poor neighbors who always have something good for me to eat"

LOL!:roflmfao::roflmfao: okay I missed last week and this week's episode so is Taylor and Chase together? and what;'s going on with Allie?:confused1:

I thought the finale was actually good, by far the best episode of this particular trashumentary, but even taken out of the context of the subterranean bar set that awful but enjoyable (at least by me) genre, it was a nice little series of vignettes with a very "real" universality.

Instead of gawking as if at zoo animals, which is frankly the way most of us here in the rest of the world watch all the SoCal enclave shows, this episode was something that just about anybody who has passed that "leaving home" milestone, or said good-bye to friends and loved ones as they passed it, could relate to.

And Chrissy, for the very first time, comes across as a real person-in-progress. In fact, there was more insight into just about all the characters in this one episode than in the whole rest of the mini-series put together. I found myself really wanting to know more about all of them, and hoping for a Part Two!

That little lipstick smudge on Chase's shirt as we watched him simultaneously accept and embrace his uneventful future even as his friends set off to begin new lives in the Great Unknown was more poignant than I would have given the producers credit for.

Is there anyone who has been watching the show who did NOT clap (at least mentally) at the end when Chrissy took a look at her incoming call, and put the phone back in the door pocket?

"Growing up in front of the camera" is such a cliche that few of us ascribe any real meaning to it, but for me, that was a very memorable viewing experience, to watch Chrissy actually channel her inner Niecy Nash and "take a big girl pill," and all in the course of a few seconds of tape.

clay and chrissy are so cute together! newport harbor is so freaking boring though but i still watch it cause im a major sucker for mtv reality shows!

taylor needs to cut her hair pronto and this show needs a ***** like kristin LB! she's my freaking idol!