Newer PM and glazing

Cocoa32

O.G.
May 22, 2008
Has LV improved the glazing issue with the mono Pochette Metis? Posts I've seen about the issue are from 2015 and 2016. I'd love to hear your experiences or any intel. I am so nervous about getting a bag that will constantly need repair. Thank you!

Last edited:
the glazing didn't change but the bag did, it went from being a super hard canvas to a softer, pliable canvas (and now offered in leather), so that should help the issues somewhat. i think a lot of the 2015/2016 complaints were coming from people who had (or had bought second-hand) 2014/2015 old-style models, and it took that much time for them to start having problems. my 2014 took exactly 2 years before it started to have serious issues, but LV replaced it. i wouldn't worry too much.. if anything should happen you'll have options with LV to fix it or replace it or something. the speedy emp. had glazing issues too, and the fascinante has serious problems, lots of bags do.. just gotta hope for the best:smile:

the glazing didn't change but the bag did, it went from being a super hard canvas to a softer, pliable canvas (and now offered in leather), so that should help the issues somewhat. i think a lot of the 2015/2016 complaints were coming from people who had (or had bought second-hand) 2014/2015 old-style models, and it took that much time for them to start having problems. my 2014 took exactly 2 years before it started to have serious issues, but LV replaced it. i wouldn't worry too much.. if anything should happen you'll have options with LV to fix it or replace it or something. the speedy emp. had glazing issues too, and the fascinante has serious problems, lots of bags do.. just gotta hope for the best:smile:

Thank you for your input. I'm sure a softer canvas would be more pliable. You are right, I just have to hope for the best. The style is perfect for my lifestyle.

I bought the bag in beginning 2017, the canvas is soft. The glazing is still OK after nearly 3 month wear. One side looks like it will someday peel (first you will see the sides of the glaze coming out like tiny strings, then I think the whole glaze will come out), but I asked LV store manager, she said if the glaze comes out, they will reglaze the whole bag, the bag has 2 years guarantee. Because PM is a beautiful bag, I am happy to live with the fact that one day I have to bring it in store to reglaze. I think the glaze problem LV needs to do research on how to change it. Otherwise, if you do not want to get a glazing problem, you'd better go with some bags that do not have canvas glazing.

I've had my PM for approximately 8-9 months (since August 2016) and I've had no issues with it yet. I purchased it from the LV @ Holts (kind of like Nordstrom or Saks) and it was made in the US. I'm not entirely sure if it's still too early to comment on how it's held up but I've read a lot of posts where people had issues much sooner and/or after little use. I feel like there are probably more success stories, we just happen to hear the negatives more (and there's no issue with that, I'd rather know about potential issues since many SAs won't openly discuss those).

Reactions: Cocoa32
I've had my PM for approximately 8-9 months (since August 2016) and I've had no issues with it yet. I purchased it from the LV @ Holts (kind of like Nordstrom or Saks) and it was made in the US. I'm not entirely sure if it's still too early to comment on how it's held up but I've read a lot of posts where people had issues much sooner and/or after little use. I feel like there are probably more success stories, we just happen to hear the negatives more (and there's no issue with that, I'd rather know about potential issues since many SAs won't openly discuss those).

I like to know about potential problems as well. I agree that we might here more of the bad stories than the good. It is such a lovely bag.

Reactions: reginaPhalange
It began lifting right at the top bend of the flap.

View attachment 3677265
ohhh yes. That happened to one of the handles of a DE Speedy I owned years ago. They replaced the whole handle. But yep, it did exactly that with very little use. I bought the PM but decided I had to buy it direct from LV instead of second hand so I would be able to have them fix or replace the bag if something happened. Sorry it happened to yours!

Reactions: Cocoa32