Newcomers and "hazing"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
I am absolutely appalled by the behavior in this thread. Hazing, mob mentality, fun at other's expense and catty behavior towards a new member is what makes the Purse Forum? I seriously hope not.

I understand that regulars feel the responsibility to point out fake characters / trolls, but I ensure you that they show their true colors sooner or later. But if behavior of regulars means to turn away new members that simply want to contribute their story, my understanding is at its end.

Consider this a friendly reminder to treat your fellow members with respect, please. There is no requirement to post pictures of your purses in order to be considered legitimate on tPF, no newbie owes the regulars any more or less than another regular would.

If any of you continue with behavior like in the thread I linked, you will be banned for not following the most important of our forum rules.

I follow the golden rule my momma taught me....if I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say anything at all.

Nice, simple, easy to follow, and never gets ya in trouble!! :smile:

oh my. It got really heated in that post! I didnt realise some people on the forum could be that off to others. Hmm..makes me want to not log in so often now.

I mean, i've never posted any of my collection on here purely because i didnt feel like i had to prove myself. It got a little out of hand. I'm dissappointed

Im so glad this has come up. Last night I read this thread for the first time and it was awful, I actually sent the member a PM saying that she should ignore the nasty comments made in the thread, I recieved a PM back basically saying

"I had no idea that posting a pic was a requirement. Anyways, I mostly lurk at Balenciaga forum right now"

I hope GucciDiva does not mind me posting this (this is only part of the PM) but do we really want people to stop coming into the LV forum ????...I think not. Its really awful how you treated this member and I think an apology is in order from the members who were nasty. Im all for getting rid of Trolls but we cannot judge every new member as a Troll.

Thanks ~Steve~ :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.