Newbie with question regarding leather care

1. Hi! We are running a fun little TPF community giveaway to win a new Polene bag! Head over to this thread to enter. Good luck!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello - I'm looking for advice on whether or not I should pre-treat my new handbag. Based upon some of the posts I've read here on this website I went ahead and ordered the Apple leather care products and was planning on pre-treating my new bag with the Rain/Stain Gard. However, after contacting the handbag's customer service dept I've learned that they do not recommend any pre-treatment. They suggested that I only use the leather conditioner if and when the bag becomes dirty and that I use the dust bag that came with it for prevention. The bag is a very light stone color so I'm concerned that it will become dirty quite soon even though I plan on being very careful with it. Do you think it's possible that the customer service rep is incorrect? Should I follow their recommendations? Please advise - thank you!

2. Depending on what brand of bag it is I would ask in that brand's subforum.

If they don't have their own subforum this should be in the handbags & purses section.