Newbie with Pyramid questions

Mar 27, 2007
Hello ladies! I am new to the BV forum. I have been reading a lot lately, and am seriously considering my first purchase. Like others here on the forum, I don't live anywhere near a BV retailer so I count on this sight and you helpful PF's for your help and advice. I am leaning towards the Pyramid style. Can anyone tell me the retail cost? Does Neiman Marcus carry the Pyramid?( it isn't on their website) What colors is the Pyramid currently available in? I can't decide if I should get the Pyramid right now, or cross my fingers that is will come in the bronze metallicy color for S/S 09????/
Sorry for all of the questions and thanks so much for all of your help!!!!! I greatly appreciate it.

Hi welcome to the forum! I always come here and read the posts but I rarely write anything. I went to Neiman Marcus recently to look for a sloane, but since they didn't have one I tried on a pyramid. So they do carry pyramids and if the one you want isn't in their store, they can surely order it for you from another store!! Sorry I did not look for the price (which I believe is cheaper than the $2450 sloane), but I believe you can special order it now in any colors you want!!

I think there is a pyramid on www.bottegaveneta.com so you can see the retail price. pyramid is definitely cheaper than the sloane.

if you want below retail, (i am not sure your options if you are outside the us), check out www.jomashop.com, shirise, jemznjewels, bluefly. they usually have below retail pyramids. i think jemznjewels might have a nero one now.

it is always a mystery what gets released where and in what color. i don't think the SAs know yet for the spring. we are all in the same shoes as you dear, waiting :smile:

good luck! tell us how you go!

Hi welcome to the forum! I always come here and read the posts but I rarely write anything. I went to Neiman Marcus recently to look for a sloane, but since they didn't have one I tried on a pyramid. So they do carry pyramids and if the one you want isn't in their store, they can surely order it for you from another store!! Sorry I did not look for the price (which I believe is cheaper than the $2450 sloane), but I believe you can special order it now in any colors you want!!

Thanks Anhzie! How did you like the Pyramid in person? Thanks again!

I think there is a pyramid on www.bottegaveneta.com so you can see the retail price. pyramid is definitely cheaper than the sloane.

if you want below retail, (i am not sure your options if you are outside the us), check out www.jomashop.com, shirise, jemznjewels, bluefly. they usually have below retail pyramids. i think jemznjewels might have a nero one now.

it is always a mystery what gets released where and in what color. i don't think the SAs know yet for the spring. we are all in the same shoes as you dear, waiting :smile:

good luck! tell us how you go!

I can't seem to find a Pyramid on the BV website. I do live in the US. I will probably go with nm, Saks, or Barneys since I will be buying for the first time sight unseen.

The waiting thing isn't easy, I just wanted to see what was available now. I would hate to miss out on a great color that is available now while waiting for the bronze. Especially since like you said the Pyramid might not even come in the bronze color for spring. However that could mean trying another different style to get the bronze:graucho:
Thanks Doloresmia for all of your help!

Bluefly had an ebano (brown) pyramid this morning and they're 20% less than retail. I got my pyramid at NM about two years ago in scala, a rosy brown color. I'm not sure if department stores can order bags that aren't already in their inventory. If you'd like to deal with an SA I order from Nicole Rao who manages the BV store in Atlantic City. She's been very helpful with answering questions and tracking down bags.

Rao, Nicole
E-Mail: [email protected]
Phone: 609-343-0014

I thought I would like the pyramid, which would seem to look better on my petite frame, but I personally don't like the long handle drop, and I don't think it drapes as beautifully as the sloane.
I remember lusting after the venetas for a while, but one day it was like BAM with me and the sloane and I have been anxiously waiting for saks Friends and family day (starts the 16th) so that I can purchase a ferro sloane that has my name on it in their backroom!
Good luck with the pyramid though! Call Saks and see if they carry it, (I don't think it's on their website and I didn't see one at the Saks in Atlanta), so that you can get the 25% discount next Thusday!!

^^How much longer is the handle drop on the pyramid versus the sloane? I haven't tried either on IRL, but I prefer a longer handle drop.

I didn't see the pyramid on any of these other sites either. When do the S/S 09 colors come out? They did look beautiful. Let us know what you decide. I'm in the same boat as you on picking a bag.

^^How much longer is the handle drop on the pyramid versus the sloane? I haven't tried either on IRL, but I prefer a longer handle drop.

I didn't see the pyramid on any of these other sites either. When do the S/S 09 colors come out? They did look beautiful. Let us know what you decide. I'm in the same boat as you on picking a bag.

here are the dimensions for a sloane from jemznjewels
14" across x 9" tall x 6" wide at the bottom, the handle measures 19" - i assume that means total length, not handle drop. if we have an engineer on this forum they can do the calculation to tell you the arm drop

http://www.jemznjewels.com/noframe_...Bottega+Venetta&type=designer&item=3673&i_n=1

here are the details on the pyramid from jomashop

Attached by 2 oval bronze tone rings, 6" drop (which means from top to bottom, not total available space - again need the engineer to do the caculation on circumference for available space). Zipper closure with leather zipper pull. Light blue suede leather lined interior, 1 zipper pocket trimmed with embossed Bottega Veneta logo embossed on white leather. 1 interior pouch pocket. Dimensions: 13" width x 8 1/2" height x 5 1/2" depth

http://www.jomashop.com/bottega-veneta-pyramid-181347-vfef1-9541.html

hope that helps

You gals are amazing!!! Thanks so much for all of the replies- they are very helpful. I hand no idea Doloresmia that the Sloane and the Pyramid were so close in size. The Sloane sure looks bigger. I was worried that the Pyramid might be too small...

Thanks again everyone for your help! I am going to do some calling around and see what the color selection looks like.

I'm sorry, one last question. Is the Pyramid closer in size to the medium or large Veneta? I am guessing that the Pyramid has a longer handle drop then both? Thanks again and I'll try to be done!!!!!!!

^^Thanks for the info. Doloresmia. I'm amazed at how boxy the Sloane looks before it's broken in. I like it broken in!

debbie - i think these are stuffed pictures, so not sure it looks at all like that IRL unstuffed. However, i have only tried on stuffed sloanes. definitely they get slouchier over time....

I'm sorry, one last question. Is the Pyramid closer in size to the medium or large Veneta? I am guessing that the Pyramid has a longer handle drop then both? Thanks again and I'll try to be done!!!!!!!

peppermintpatty, not sure how to answer this one - you are making me pull out old geometric knowledge i have not used since high school or somewhere thereabouts!

the veneta is a flat bag whereas the pyramid is three-dimensional. i use a large chameleon insert in my pyramid, but would not be able to in my medium veneta. volumewise holds more than a medium. i don't have a large veneta - those are pretty huge to me.

i will try to measure the arm drops later and get back to you for comparison. both are very roomy because of the bags slouch.

don't worry about asking questions - these bags cost enough money that you want to think through them a bit!

Large veneta dimensions from jomashop
Dimensions: 18" width x 12" height x 2" depth. they say 3 inch arm drop, but that is a bit misleading since with the slouch there is plenty of room
http://www.jomashop.com/bottega-veneta-hobo-115654-v0013-1000.html

Medium veneta dimensions - also from jomashop

All leather is naturally dyed and untreated. Dimensions: 16" width x 12" height x 3 1/2" depth. again they say 3.5 inch shoulder drop, but that does not account for the slouch factor which allows for plenty of room. i just measured my medium and the drop when slouched you get an oval about about 7H by 9.5 W for your arm.
http://www.jomashop.com/bottega-veneta-hobo-115653-v0013-2040.html

ok, i had to sneak into the bathroom to measure the new pyramid as my DH doesn't understand why i am wandering around with a pocket ruler and my purses. he also suspects i am keeping a diary about him when he hears me tapping away on my PC. i tell him i am only writing about how much i love him.

Arm drop for new pyramid seems to be 6.5H by 11W.

Last edited: