Newbie with large feet, looking for a recommendation

magreen0703

May 16, 2016
Hi CL TPF'rs,

My husband and I will be going to Paris for the first time this spring so I definitely need to visit a CL boutique [emoji16] Since this trip coincides with our 5th anniversary and a milestone birthday (the big 30) we are having professional pictures taken. I would love a pair of red soles to peek through conspicuously if you get my drift,haha.

As the title suggests, I have large feet which have been the bane of my fashionable existence since middle school! (I wore a women's US 10 in 5th grade [emoji31]) Currently I am a US 11. I believe that I am a true 11 because I find 12s too large in many (albeit non European) brands. I also don't have particularly wide feet...but I do have long toes [emoji53] the only European brand of pumps I have tried are Manolo Blahnik. I have a d'orsay style pump in a size 42 that fits perfectly! I wear a 42.5 in Aldo brand shoes (although some styles I am unable to even get my foot into!)

I'm looking for recommendations on which styles to try out when I get to Paris. CL is sold at my local Nordstrom but unfortunately they never stock sizes larger than a 40/41. I am looking for a classic black pump like the Pigalle Follies, Décolleté 554 or So Kate. I would also be willing to consider the peep-toe styles like the Lady Peep, New Very Prive and Demi You.

I've been told my friends and coworkers who are already part of the CL family that this brand may not work out for me. But I'm hoping this isn't the case [emoji31]

Thanks so much in advance!!!
AB

I think you'll run into the issue of your longer toes. Because a lot of CL shoes are made to shoe 'toe cleavage' there tends to be less coverage there and the toe boxes are short and narrow. I wouldn't give hope necessarily, as everyone's foot is different! However, I will say that Manolos run about 1/2 size larger than CL from what I have experienced. I think it is at least worth a shot in trying them on in store to see.

I'm a size US11/12/13.. depends on the brand. My favorite and best fitting pair are Biancas in a 43. SO COMFORTABLE. Hard to find, but worth it because it runs larger. 42s are fine, but I get the "squish" just a bit
Hope that helps!!

I ended up with Simple Pumps (not the "new simple" ones) in 41 (I'm a 10.5 with long toes) and it's a little tight, but doable. Most of the pointed toe shoes and some with smaller toe boxes were out of the question for me. I liked the look of the fifi but the simples were better for my long toes.

Reactions: Materielgrrl