Newbie with a new Alexa!

Little wolf

Mar 30, 2010
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum although I have been reading it for a while. I have just bought my first Mulberry- an oversized Alexa in Ink! Can't wait for it to arrive! I have gained so much advice from reading all your comments on this bag and it really helped me make my decision so I just wanted to say thanks! I'll have to post a picture of her when she arrives!

Also, if anyone has any advice on how best to care for the bag, I would love to know. I am about to go travelling and that is one of the main reasons I bought the OS alexa but I want to make sure she stays in great condition....

Hi :welcome: & congrats for your Ink OS Alexa! Hope you will love her (I'm sure you will) - fingers crossed for the leather variation, do you prefer smoothy or grainy??

As for the care, it is matt finish leather & some tPFer commented 'dry' 'thirsty', though I love mine as it is, I just did a couple of collonil spray & leather cream.

Looking forward to seeing the pics - :P

thanks! I quite like my bags to look a little bit grainy, a little bit lived in. I have a beautiful plain black westwood tote and the grainy quality of the leather gives it real character. Also, if its too smooth, I might find myself obsessing about every blemish it picks up over the years. Can't wait to get it and reveal it!!

Congrats. I have a regular in ink which I adore. All I have done is spray with collonil twice and the leather is holding up brilliantly. I'm looking forward to your inky reveal.

thanks so much for all your advice, I'll make sure I get some collonil. I was so torn between regular and oversized but I wanted it to comfortably fit my laptop so in the end I went for the bigger size. I got mine this morning off the Harrods website. Should be here in a couple of days!

Hi little wolf and welcome to the forum. What a gorgeous bag you have bought. I really hope you like her when she arrives. Have you been thinking about it for a while if you've been lurking and reading?
I bought the regular ink last Friday and I'm very pleased. Looking forward to seeing your OS ink.

I've been thinking about it for ages. I am about to go travelling across Canada so it was a case of trying to justify the expense! I needed a new bag and looked at lots of alternatives but in the end bit the bullet and bought one. Then there was the size/colour dilemma to deal with! But this site has been great for seeing people's reactions to their own bags so I thought it was about time I joined in! Hopefully it will be hear in a couple of days. I have no idea how quickly harrods deliver but I live in London so it can't be that long!

Hi and welcome! Congrats on a fab bag! I bought the reg ink about a week ago too:biggrin: I've colloniled mine, and nothing more. Don't want to apply anything more until needed..

I would be a little cautious to put a laptop in the bag.. might be ok, especially if it's a small laptop. I'm not sure how the thicker buffalo leather on the OS ink is compared to the leather on my OS oak leopard, but I won't put anything really heavy in mine... Think it will put a severe strain on the handle or the strap. But maybe someone else use them for laptops and can advise??

Please post pics when it arrives!

oooh thats good to know. I'll probably suss it out when I get it. Hopefully I won't have to use it for transporting heavy things too much and my mac is pretty small and light. If anyone has any experience of using the alexa for carrying weighty things though, it would be good to know!

My only thought would be that the strap is quite thin and if your bag is very heavy it can dig into your shoulder a bit.
But you can actually rearrange and double over the strap to let it sit on your shoulder instead of cross-body and that might make it easier to carry if it's heavy.
It'll be interesting to see if the Alexa suffers problems in the future with the postmans lock taking a lot of weight because of the style of the Alexa. Hopefully Mulberry will have carried out stress testing pre-launch.