NEWBIE: WHERE CAN I GO TO LEARN ABOUT THE EDIE/PHEOBE/LEXI BAGS

ALOHAALOHA

Mar 9, 2019
HI,
I am new. I want to understand the difference between the Coach Edie/Madison Phoebe/Lexi bags. I am considering shopping on EBAY and I see that there are differences between the bags and I would like to learn more. I think I have figured this out, and please let me know that I am wrong. The MAdison Phoebe is an Outlet bag, correct? The Lexi is the older and original bag. The Edie is the current bag 2018/2019. Am I correct?
Please direct me to the correct forum.

Boutique and Outlet Phoebes may look similar in pics but the leather was a lot nicer on the boutique vs outlet. I've noticed ebay sellers list the outlet version as boutique quite often. Madison version had different hardware and a leather loop attached to the middle zipper pull, plus nice silky lining. I have 1 outlet phoebe but the quality is pretty poor. I only bought it for the pretty purple iris color, it looks cheap compared to my boutique versions. I have 4 Edie 42s, 1 regular size, and absolutely love them. I've never had a Lexi but guessing they aren't as nice since they are outlet.

HI,
I am new. I want to understand the difference between the Coach Edie/Madison Phoebe/Lexi bags. I am considering shopping on EBAY and I see that there are differences between the bags and I would like to learn more. I think I have figured this out, and please let me know that I am wrong. The MAdison Phoebe is an Outlet bag, correct? The Lexi is the older and original bag. The Edie is the current bag 2018/2019. Am I correct?
Please direct me to the correct forum.

Welcome!

There is an Edie Club thread over in the Coach Clubhouse section. As for the the bags:

Madison Phoebe (Maggie, I think was the original name). I’m a little fuzzy right now on the timeline but this style used to be a retail boutique bag but when the Madison line was discounted, the style was sent to the outlet and eventually became an outlet bag.

Lexi: this bag has always been an outlet bag, it was never sold at the retail boutique stores, it’s a made for the factory outlet store bag.

Edie: this is currently the retail boutique bag, only made for retail boutique stores. However, you may find this bag at the outlets as a “Delete” or “reserve” style, meaning it’s from the retail boutique stores but at the outlet due to it being an older style as in color or style.

What’s the difference between outlet and retail boutique bags? The outlet bags are less expensive but with the lower price there are changes to leather quality and hardware. This is not to say the outlet bag is subpar but there are differences. This is a whole other discussion.

If you are planning to purchase from eBay or the secondary market, you can ask to authenticate the bag first in the Authenticate Thread, just follow the instructions on the first post to get this done.

Welcome!

There is an Edie Club thread over in the Coach Clubhouse section. As for the the bags:

Madison Phoebe (Maggie, I think was the original name). I’m a little fuzzy right now on the timeline but this style used to be a retail boutique bag but when the Madison line was discounted, the style was sent to the outlet and eventually became an outlet bag.

Lexi: this bag has always been an outlet bag, it was never sold at the retail boutique stores, it’s a made for the factory outlet store bag.

Edie: this is currently the retail boutique bag, only made for retail boutique stores. However, you may find this bag at the outlets as a “Delete” or “reserve” style, meaning it’s from the retail boutique stores but at the outlet due to it being an older style as in color or style.

What’s the difference between outlet and retail boutique bags? The outlet bags are less expensive but with the lower price there are changes to leather quality and hardware. This is not to say the outlet bag is subpar but there are differences. This is a whole other discussion.

If you are planning to purchase from eBay or the secondary market, you can ask to authenticate the bag first in the Authenticate Thread, just follow the instructions on the first post to get this done.
Thanks I am looking at some of the Ebay bags and I purchased one that I would like help in authenticating.