Newbie Seller Question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have an item in an auction style listing with 6 days left. A buyer messaged me and offered me a price I want to accept but I'm not sure how. I can't add a BIN or best offer since it was auction style to begin with. Do I have to end my auction early and relist and if so are there consequences for me? My item has bids but the highest bidder is the one that messaged me.

2. As you have bids then I think, if it were me, I would leave your auction running but create a new one by copying it and setting that up as a BIN listing with the price you have agreed with the buyer who contacted you. Once you have set the new listing up then email the link to this buyer so they know it's there.

Once they have bought it and paid for it then you can cancel your original listing so that it doesn't sell twice.

That way if the buyer who contacted you changes their mind and doesn't use the BIN within the next couple of days then you haven't lost your other interested bidders in your original listing and you can, simply, cancel the BIN listing instead.

HTH.

3. Thank you! That's a really good idea and I would not have thought of that.