Newbie seller needs help

zoober_beth

I believe in faeries
Jul 18, 2007
ok my auctions have ended and my payments in paypal are pending for me to accept. it says the address is confirmed but the person is unverified. what does that mean? should i not accept their payments? paypal says if i accept the payment then i am ineligable for their protection. please help. thank you

Unverified just means that the buyer is funding their PayPal account with a credit card, and that they haven't entered their checking account info to verify their account. I does make you ineligible for the seller protection, but there are a lot of people who prefer to use only their credit card and not provide PP with their banking info. If there address is confirmed, then go ahead and accept the payments.

thank you for explaining that to me. If the address is unconfirmed then is it okay for me to email the buyer and request that they confirm it?

Hi zoober - If the address is unconfirmed you dont generally get any seller protection so that if anything goes wrong you will not be covered by Paypal.

thank you for explaining that to me. If the address is unconfirmed then is it okay for me to email the buyer and request that they confirm it?

I called PayPal once to ask about the whole confirming the address thing and they told me that the address has to be confirmed when the payment is made. So if they confirm it after, you're not covered. I'm not sure if anyone else has been told this by PayPal, but they told me that I would have to refund the buyer's payment and have them re-pay after they confirm their address. You may want to check this out. Like I said, PayPal told me this, but you know how mis-information can be given out!